• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Official Tweet Horizon Chase (spiritual successor to Top Gear/Racer) is getting a sequel, timed apple arcade exclusive.

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They

for those unaware, the top gear games were a fairly popular set of arcade racers that originated on the snes. with an excellent soundtrack by barry leitch, who is naturally involved with this. (the previous game even included some songs from top gear itself)
as for the "exclusive" bit, Aquiris has already clarified that the game will also be released on consoles/pc in 2023.

if you're interested in playing the original game that inspired this, the IP is currently owned by retro property farm piko interactive. who has done a few cheap re-releases of the game under the name "top racer", which was the japanese title for the game. (presumably the bbc complained.)

Oh yeah, I’m gonna play that. Hopefully it has controller support.

I hope they won’t do the whole « collect all the flags on the road and manage to finish 1st » again. I’m kinda ok with the fuel thing but missing one flag and having to restart an entire race, I spent already too much time on Diddy Kong Racing.

The game is out now and I’ve just started it. I have no experience with the first game, so I’m going in completely fresh. The game is absolutely gorgeous for starters, I love the art style. And it runs amazingly well on my iPad Pro. Controller support is a must for racing games, and it’s present here thank goodness. And the game is just flat-out fun. It’s not very challenging yet, but that’s ok. I’ve only done maybe a dozen races and there’s plenty of time for challenge to present itself. I can see myself really digging into this game and getting a good number of hours of enjoyment from it.

The game is out now and I’ve just started it. I have no experience with the first game, so I’m going in completely fresh. The game is absolutely gorgeous for starters, I love the art style. And it runs amazingly well on my iPad Pro. Controller support is a must for racing games, and it’s present here thank goodness. And the game is just flat-out fun. It’s not very challenging yet, but that’s ok. I’ve only done maybe a dozen races and there’s plenty of time for challenge to present itself. I can see myself really digging into this game and getting a good number of hours of enjoyment from it.
haven't checked out the 2nd one yet, but the first one is amazing. I loved the Top Gear games on the SNES growing up and it picks up where those games left off. the speed is amazing in the game.

I’ve been playing this! It’s a fun, light, arcade racer with great visuals.

Though one issue: every button icon is “RB” for some reason.

IMG-5362.jpg

IMG-5363.jpg

IMG-5364.jpg

How's the performance on the Switch?
It seems to be native res (or close to) and 60 fps but there is micro stuttering, so there are these small hitches.
Also in Handheld mode it seems to still load lower quality textures at a closer distance, so some details on the your car could look blockier, seems to be something with the mipmapping.

I hope they increase the distance there snd do something about the small hitches, but other than that I would call it good.

The Switch Icon thread is gonna go crazy because it doesnt have the game logo.
Oh and there is crossplay but you need sn epic account, dunno of you need that for online in general, the game asked me roght on startup that I need one, so I suppose.
Dunno if the online is much more than time trila record swapping.

Last edited:
The first game is fantastic!!!
Lengthy campaign, many tracks, cool visuals, great ost and intense gameplay.

Back
Top Bottom