• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Hardware Hori and Hamster are soliciting feedback on a possible controller designed for the "Arcade Archives" Series.

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They

My understanding is that Hamster has been wanting to do something like this for years, and Hori decided to consider it.

As shown in the image. The main advantage here is that it could include various parts that are difficult to simulate with a standard controller. Such as a trackball and a rotary knob.
If the current setup seems a bit too unwieldy, they're also considering multiple modular designs.
a7dec6de5d36e035f618a9162cc8f95f.png

bcbb5086d04ad8359ae0253c24330048.png

If you happen to be able to read and write Japanese, you have until January 31st to Email them your feedback.

The idea is really cool but I don't like the design. I think it's the gray with the bright-colored buttons clashing.

I would love an official trackball & paddle controller, but they would have to start actually releasing games that make use of them...

I would love to have that. I don't even need it for the arcade games necessarily, it would just be a fun controller to mess around with and see how it impacts controlling games.

I remember when I was a kid I encountered what must have been a bootleg Super Mario Bros. arcade machine that had a trackball. That can't be the best way to control it, but I bet it would give it a different feel for sure.

Edit: It feels like a future Stop Skeletons From Fighting video waiting to happen.

Back
Top Bottom