• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

News Hell freezes over, Gkids will be bringing over Angel's egg to the US in theaters and home video in 2025

sagadego20

Paratroopa
Pronouns
He/Him

Director supervised remaster of 1985 film

GKIDS announced on Wednesday that it has secured the North American rights to Mamori Oishii's Angel Egg film. The company is bringing the all-new 4K remaster of the film, which is being supervised by director Oshii, to American theaters in 2025 in honor of its 40th anniversary.

goxcofdxwaaenvz
Image via GKIDS' Twitter account
Update: GKIDS will also release the film on home video.
The company describes the film's story:
In an underwater city, a young girl takes care of a large egg she holds carefully in her arms โ€“ a treasure that she believes is an Angel's Egg. A boy with a gun arrives in search of a bird he saw in his dream. At first it seems as if feelings

Hollow Knight did this

I knew it was getting a home video release but a theatrical run?! Damn, I might have to make a special trip for this.

I never thought it would actually happen. This is one of my favorite movies of all time, I'm so excited to finally be able to own it!

I do not know about this movie but the reactions in this thread are enough to make me excited for it

I still technically haven't seen it but it was a huge influence on the art of Hollow Knight and everything I've heard about it sounds right up my alley

WcVlHk1.jpeg

and I'll always take another calendar-able reason to keep going!

An absolute tour-de-force of traditional animation techniques.

I'm not even sure I like it that much as a film, but as a piece of art to showcase what animation can do, it's absolutely stunning.

tumblr_otxqtapVUd1qzdpr4o4_500.gifv

Back
Top Bottom