• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Fun Club Have You Ever "Shared The Joy"?

Have you?

• Yes

Votes: 13 86.7%
  • No

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters

juuso

Koopa

Bonus question: if you indeed have, have you referred to the practice by its appropriate name?

Last edited:
I hosted a launch party with a bunch of friends shortly after the Switch came out and literally called the event β€œShare the Joy”, so yes, lol. (Amusingly, the party basically just turned into everyone playing Breath of the Wild separately after awhile, lol.)

I have, exactly one time, passed my Joy Con to one of my parents and subsequently referred to it as "sharing the Joy".

Do I win anything

I have handed out joycons like munchables at a party and got people snacking, so to speak

I am the unofficial seller of at least three Switches

Yes. Just recently playing Bubble Bobble with my nephew and also playing the new MK8D cups with my friend. All of this in tabletop mode too, so yes, all these features of Switch are great.

And praise Koizumi for showing how it's done. Split controllers for the win. I hope we never have to go back to only having single rigid controllers

no, i did not satisfy someone or myself with a vibrating joycon.

(...what game would be the best for that?)

I hosted a launch party with a bunch of friends shortly after the Switch came out and literally called the event β€œShare the Joy”, so yes, lol. (Amusingly, the party basically just turned into everyone playing Breath of the Wild separately after awhile, lol.)
This is great!

Do I win anything

By telling this story you have shared some joy with the Famiboards community, which is a win for all.

My wife and I played Snipperclips a bit, does that count?

Otherwise we just use Pro Controllers lol.

Finally found someone who makes me feel old, as someone born the same year Ocarina came out.
wanna feel even worse? I have a bachelor's degree now

the switch has lived a full life, it just never stopped selling so we didn't notice

Finally found someone who makes me feel old, as someone born the same year Ocarina came out.
Finally found someone who makes me feel old, as someone born the same year Excitebike came out.

I've done so in a few instances. I remember around launch time, I played Shovel Knight co-op with a friend in a student lounge over tabletop mode. I also had a few times where we played Mario Kart - I remember going to Nintendo NY for an event and playing Mario Kart in line, holding the Switch while some people played, or going to the nearby coffee shop to play. But nowadays I almost never play with Joycon on their side - if I play with a pal, we're using Pro Controllers or a Joycon grip unless it's mandatory.

Back
Top Bottom