• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion Have you bought a game on PS/Xbox/PC because you thought it was not gonna be ported to Switch, only to be ported not long after?

Pronouns
He
Have you ever been interested on a third party game and while you would have liked to played it on Switch, you saw the possibility of a port as very unlike.... Only to be ported to the console soon after that?

That has happened with me twice, first I bought the first Valkyria Chronicles on PS3 in late 2017, and then a Switch port was annouced a few months later when I already finished the game. Then in 2022 I bought Nier Automata for PS4 thinking it was never gonna come out ln Switch, and then they announced a Port like 3 months later. Here I only played the game for like 5 hours, so I sold my PS4 copy and bought the Switch one.

Yes, but it usually is buying something on console and the PC port coming later. I am happy it does not happen much anymore since all important third party titles come to PC eventually.

The opposite of your question has happened many times to me: Daemon X Machina, No More Heroes 1/2, Shin Megami Tensei V, and Rain Code.

Yuuup.
Persona 5 Royal
Nier Automata
FF12 Zodiac edition
Jump Force

Good thing I never got to beat any of these. Double dipped them all on Switch.

I also did this on PSP/PS2/PS3 as well. Got Disgaea 2 and Persona 3 because I thoıght they'd never port them to PSP. They did. Long ass games, literally unplayable on a home console.

Kakarot, Stray and Si-fu. Already have Kakarot on Switch but will get the other 2 on Switch on sale.

I don't think so. Most of the games that I would've preferred to play on Switch eventually I already owned long before the Switch was announced.

My big holdout right now is the Trails saga... I already own all of Sky on PC, but if by some chance the ports for Cold Steel I & II get released in Europe, I might just switch the entirety of that series over to Switch (heh).

I usually wait to get on the Switch, and 9 times out of 10, it always happen.

But I did get Pseudoregalia on PC, even though the dev has commented before on bringing the game to Switch... I just wanted to play it sooner.

Not shortly thereafter, though I might have waited to play Nier Automata if I had known a Switch port was coming. Everything else that got the late Switch port I was stubborn/confident it would come and waited like 13 Sentinels and Persona 5 Royale. I might have done this for the Ori games and Cuphead if I had an Xbox One or Series before the Switch ports were announced.

Edit: Maybe a cheat, but I did rebuy Stardew Valley on PC, not just to play with mods, but to also play the 1.6 update that STILL hasn't come to consoles. Though it's been nearly 4 months so even if the update drops tomorrow I'm not losing sleep over it.

I don't think so. There's games that I wanna have on a portable system, mostly JRPGs and retro games, and if I can't get them on Switch I end up forgetting about them most of the time. For everything else I don't really care where I play it. I prefer the Switch most of the time just for the convenience but I'm not gonna skip a new Resident Evil game in the hopes that it'll come to Switch (2).

I've become very sensitive to framerate, so I'm happy I own a PC next to a Switch. Nintendo games are mostly fine, but more realistic looking games make my brain hurt when fps go below 60. Wish I wasn't such sensitive to it like others.

I bought Tunic on PC because I thought the Switch port would take too long and I didn't want to wait. It ended up coming out a couple of months after I bought the game.

Back
Top Bottom