• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Has anyone ever crowdfund campaigned a product before?

Procheno

I exist sometimes
Pronouns
He/Him
It can be for anything, but I'm looking to see if anyone has experience under their belt. If anyone has, do you have any tips to someone who's been doing a lot of research but is still relatively new to crowdfunding?

To give a little detail, I'm a filmmaker. Currently, I'm planning a near-cinema quality short film production happening in the near future. It is a psychological suspense thriller, and I've been organizing a crowdfunding campaign to work collectively with people to make an amazing short film that will be toured in various film festivals.

With 6 years of movie production directing experience, this is my first time going through the crowdfunding route, for the ability to allow the production to reach the highest level of quality it can be within realistic expectations of a non-big budget studio production and allow for anyone interested to be involved in the production in whatever capacity they wish. I truly believe in the project and am already putting my own money into it because I believe in it that much.

I've done some research but I'd love to hear from anyone here who has run a crowdfund before!

Back
Top Bottom