• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Fun Club Has anyone else ever became uninterested in a new game because of constant hype surrounding it?

As soon as a trailer for a game is released, I can't help but pore over it and analyse every little detail. Anything I haven't caught, a youtube channel is sure to have picked up on anyway. In the following months up until the game's release, more trailers are uploaded and twitter announcements are dissected. Forum activity on sites like these discuss all new details ad nauseam. By the time the game releases I've exhausted all my curiosity and there is very little that I don't know about the game, so playing it through feels like a strange type of deja vu. Often I don't buy the game because I'm over it by the time it releases.

It happened to me with MH:World but in my case it just made me wait for the PC release, when hype for a game gets too annoying I tend to just ignore threads and dont go to sites I know will talk about it

Back
Top Bottom