• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Has anybody watched season 4 of Cobra Kai?

This show keeps surprising me at how invested I've become in it. Terry Silver is back and he's awesome and the new kid Kenny is very interesting as well.

Overall I think season 3 is still my favorite but season 4 is close.

What did you guys think of season 4?

Yes, directly binged watched it when it released and I can't wait to see more.
I think my favourite is still season 1 > 3 = 4 > 2.
Even though season 2 was my person weakest, it had one of the best end fights!

Also I love the explanation why Terry was so crazy in Karate Kid 3.

This show is constantly recommended to me, but I couldn't get into it. I think I watched the first 2 episodes. It wasn't awful, but there are so many other things to watch that catch my interest. I also have zero attachment to the movies, but I don't think that matters. It's one of those "I want to like it" shows.

Glad it's successful though. Pretty cool that they managed to make a high quality show out of something that could have been a cynical, easy cash grab.

Hey, check out the name and avatar.

I have to say Season 4 was a little bit of a letdown to me, but Season's 1-3 were awesome. Kreese's origin story was incredible.

Really looking forward to Season 5 though because of how 4 ended.

1 > 3 > 2 > 4 so far for me.

Last edited:
This show is constantly recommended to me, but I couldn't get into it. I think I watched the first 2 episodes. It wasn't awful, but there are so many other things to watch that catch my interest. I also have zero attachment to the movies, but I don't think that matters. It's one of those "I want to like it" shows.

Glad it's successful though. Pretty cool that they managed to make a high quality show out of something that could have been a cynical, easy cash grab.

I love Cobra Kai. But I don't think I'd give it the time of day if I hadn't enjoyed the original films back in the 80s. In Cobra Kai I find the development of the Johnny Lawrence character really interesting, and I sit a bit impatiently through the teen drama bits.

This is without question the stupidest show that I am invested in. Some of these scenes and storylines are just completely ridiculous, yet I still binge new seasons in like 2 days after they release.

It’s a bit unfortunate I don’t like a lot of the main teen characters. Sam, Tory, and Robby are just so unlikeable for me compared to the others.

It hasn't been as good since season 1. Too much teen drama for my taste. My highlights since are the Okinawa episodes in season 3 and season 4's tournament.

Love the fact that these are kids beating the shit of each other.

Now I also liked that kenny was a full 180, from becoming the prey to the predator, but then it comes to show how a person's influence can change someone's behavior for better or worst.

Then the final battle were the Larusso takes the best of both worlds.

Solid B

I enjoyed it, not sure how many more seasons I can do, it is getting increasingly silly, but it's consistently fun and I like the characters.

I just finished S4 and for some reason i LOVED it even knowing that objectively it is a weaker season compared to 1 or 3, but i loved how much dimension they give to the characters. i really liked:

Kreese maybe is starting his redemption arc and all for his true love for Johnny.
How they make Robbie more likeable.
How Silver goes down that dark path after starting as a good and likeable reformed human being.
And of course Hawk winning the tournament after a badass fight with Robby

Pretty good acting as well, specially coming from Daniel, Miguel and Robbie´s actors.

Looking forward to S5.

Also , I still hate HATE both LaRusso kids, i´m alone in this one?

Last edited:
Also , I still hate HATE both LaRusso kids, i´m alone in this one?
I think a lot of people myself included hate the LaRusso kids though I ended up warming up a bit to Samantha after the last minute coaching, I liked the season overall I just kind wish Johnny didn't go through the same lessons every season

Not yet, but love the show. But I'll be honest, I love it because of Johnny. What a great and fun character, and it is making constantly dislike Daniel lol

Back
Top Bottom