• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Fun Club Happy MAR10 Day 2023!

VolcanicDynamo

1-Up Bi 🩷💜💙
Pronouns
He/Him
A Happy MAR10 Day banner released by Nintendo in 2023. The top features the text Happy MAR10 Day with a render of Mario. The bottom portion features renders of Bowser, Donkey Kong, Toad, Princess Peach, Luigi, and Mario in a row from left to right.

I'm a little late this year for my time zone, but in many parts of the world, it is currently March 10th, meaning that it's now MAR10 Day, a silly date pun-turned official celebration of Super Mario - and by proxy, Fami's second annual MAR10 Day thread! Nintendo and several partners have already lined up quite a few events and sales to sell the festivities.

In the games department, Nintendo has released Wave 4 of the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass on March 9th - you can chat all about it in the MK8D BCP StarTopic! Nintendo also has a new Nintendo Switch bundle at select retailers where you can pick out Super Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe or New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe as a bonus. There's also stickers based on The Super Mario Bros. Movie, if that's your thing.

118107-nintendo-switch-mario-choose-one-bundle-package-1200x675

There's also a sale on Mario-related games through March 11th, and a two-part digital sale starting at 12 PM PT - that's less than two hours away from this post!

If you already have all of the Mario games you could ask for, there's still lots of MAR10 Day fun. Of course, there's the final trailer for The Super Mario Bros. Movie...

...meanwhile LEGO is hosting the LEGO Super Mario YouTube Premiere at 11:00 AM, so we'll be sure to hear what's going on with the latest sets!

And over at Nintendo NY, they'll be holding a few special events. See a replica of Mario's boots - and a few other surprises - starting at 10 AM, or visit from 5-7PM for giveaways and a Mario meet and greet. Even GameStop has something planned for the day after!

Of course, like I said last year, the best part of MAR10 Day is the fan work. Sharing them last year is how I celebrated the festivities, and I hope to do so again this year if I can find some good stuff!

So like I said last time, share any fan work you find, discuss our favorite plumber and his friends, maybe play a Mario game to celebrate, and have a happy MAR10 Day!

It's been 1960 days since Odyssey shipped.
Back in 2017 I was expecting the next 3D Mario around 2020-2021. 2020 in case we were seeing a Galaxy 2 sequel approach, 2021 if they were going a fresh route.

It's 2023 and we have no idea what or when the next one will be.

PS: We got plenty of stuff in between and Bowser's Fury but not a new and complete 3D game.

Wahoo! My first Mario Bros game was Super Mario Bros Deluxe on the Gameboy Colour. Had all sorts of weird minigames/extras that captivated kid me.

61mglv9NpZL.jpg

I’m happy we’re getting movie news and such, but without any big new Mario games on the horizon it feels slightly hollow. I wish they could have had something ready for today in that department.

Starting MAR10 Day the best way I can think of: another run of Super Mario Bros. That was a fin way to spend my commute!

20230310-074629.jpg

Happy Mar10 Day! Is anyone on Fami gonna go see Mario's shoes? 👀
In truth I was considering it, but by the time I can get there it'd be much too crowded to do much in between my work breaks. Will I change my mind? We shall see.

Happy king day

Can't wait for the reveal of the Lego DK set later today ! Hoping it's a DK country inspired set, but I'd be ok with a Donkey Kong (arcade) inspired set too !

I saw someone point out... what if the rumored DK game is actually a Mario + DK game? Never seen Mario riding on DK's back before 🤔

Fq4IP5WX0AIm1XF

I know this isn't anything new, but it's so cool to see it all laid out like that. Something about the slow trickle of NSO titles and separation of them into different apps mades the whole feel less significant to me vs. how cool it was to browse the Wii Virtual Console.

Very nice to reflect on how much we have in our hands!

Happy Marrio Day to all and to all a good YAHOO!

Fq4IP5WX0AIm1XF

I know this isn't anything new, but it's so cool to see it all laid out like that. Something about the slow trickle of NSO titles and separation of them into different apps mades the whole feel less significant to me vs. how cool it was to browse the Wii Virtual Console.

Very nice to reflect on how much we have in our hands!
This is the first time in years that I've seen Nintendo acknowledge Yoshi's Island as a Super Mario title and not just the start of the Yoshi platformers.

Shit, this is the closest I've seen them acknowledge the Wario Land games as part of the Mario franchise!

I celebrated by watching the Super Mario Bros. movie!

...from 1993. It's terrible, yet there's something about it that's oddly charming. It's a guilty pleasure.

Back
Top Bottom