• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Happy Console Gamer's Favorite Console is...

Dekuman

Gerudo
Pronouns
He/Him/His
HCG is a nice local guy here in Vancouver. He's spoken highly of Switch before, but generally gives equal coverage to all the platforms and doesn't let it slip what console he prefers. I always assumed Switch was the console of choice of his significant other because of talk of her being a huge Animal Crossing and Xenoblade fan. But he put out a video today saying actually it's his favorite console of all time.

Enjoy, sub to his channel if you haven't.

Not surprising, people tend to say the current console they're playing and buying games for is their favorite. It's either that one or the first one they had.

I remember he had a video a while back where he and a friend revealed their favorite console, his friend expected him to say PC Engine but it turned out to be the PS1.

Not surprising, people tend to say the current console they're playing and buying games for is their favorite. It's either that one or the first one they had.
Some recency bias for sure. He mentioned he was close to declaring PS4, for him its Switch > PS1 > PS4
I remember he had a video a while back where he and a friend revealed their favorite console, his friend expected him to say PC Engine but it turned out to be the PS1.
Yes, he references it in the video. Was 8 years ago, PS1 is now #2.

One thing with Johnny M, he's not chasing trends, and he's usually pretty consistent,. Switch is a JRPG monster and he loves JRPGs hence the pick, but he acknowledges how close PS1 is still.

Last edited:
I love Johnny, he's just so full of positive energy and love for games. And he also love many of the same games as myself.

Yeah he's probably one of the few youtube channels that I can relate to and his passion for videogames is lovely.
Love Johnny.

First time I heard of this channel and jeez, I'm getting happy just listening to this guy! :)

Also he has the coolest haircut ever!

Thank you whoever merged the threads. And I hope some of you here takes a few minutes of your day to listen to Johnny :)

this is my favorite video of his. It’s so funny the whole way through. Some really on point descriptions of the time and place it really makes me feel like I’m there buying the system along with him

this is my favorite video of his. It’s so funny the whole way through. Some really on point descriptions of the time and place it really makes me feel like I’m there buying the system along with him

I love it when he has Rob with him :)

I like how his channel makes you feel like your having a relatable conversation (even though he does all the talking). Just good presentation and isn’t trying hard to chase down viewers. Love when things are more natural than slickly produced (not that there is anything wrong with those type of channels if they are genuine).

Back
Top Bottom