• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Halloween Kills: Trick or Bleed....(WARNING!!)Spoilers Ahead

Uniomni

Piranha Plant
Founder
Pronouns
He/him
Sooooo, this movie huh?

I legit don't think I've been more disgusted with a movie while also enjoying how stupid it was at the same time.
It's hard to believe the same people made the first movie and this one as well.

And before someone comes in to say "it's supposed to be stupid, it's social commentary on mob behavior", save it.
Michael Myers is like 6⁴ and built like a farmer.

The mid movie stupidity ascent involved Danny Devitos younger brother who looks like he collects Bob Ross painting prints.
Hopefully the final film will make this one better by existing but my expectations are basement level, next to boxes of old Christmas decorations.

And as a black guy, the moment when a town local basically flipped the bird to law enforcement and riled the masses was such a "only a white guy could get away with this, and only in Hollywood at that" moment that I cried tears of laughter.

This movie was a dumpster fire that started in a landfill that was across the street from a morgue.

Thoughts?

I didn't enjoy it as much as I hoped, but it was still an entertaining watch. But man, these people never learn. If they're already gonna gang up on him like that, make sure the damn guy is actually dead...

It has some nice kill scenes, but otherwise it was ass. The editing decisions gave me a headache.

There's a solid idea in here, the mob was a great idea and Michael just not caring about anything and just doing whatever works perfectly with everyone going absolutely bonkers. But it all hangs in the hands of whatever Halloween Ends will end up delivering, because as it is, it's literally just half a film with great ideas, some fun execution, but little substance.

That said, as a gore fest, it was an amazing experience and some of the kills were really disturbing and just absolutely disgusting. That florescent beam kill and the fact she survived it for a bit longer and saw what she saw, along with some of the other moments were absolutely amazing. Really looking forward to whatever Ends does in this aspect, because I'd love to see even more nasty stuff!

It has some nice kill scenes, but otherwise it was ass. The editing decisions gave me a headache.
Agree. The kill scenes were good, but otherwise this movie just wasn't that good.

I just don't understand how that entire middle part in the hospital made it in. The most contrived ish I've seen all year.

Side note, go see The Last Duel, it's fantastic.

My partner had never seen the 2018 film, so we watched that and are now watching this. The tone of this is so so different to the 2018, it’s really strange

I really enjoyed the movie. I came into this looking for gore and kills and got what I wanted. I was a little concerned about Loomis being a deepfake but it turns out it was a real dude that looks like Pleasance with a voice impressionist doing to talking. It worked real well. I'm honestly stumped how Ends will wrap things up. No idea how this is gonna go.

I enjoyed this movie overall but it really was a downgrade from the previous in every single way. Hoping this is just middle movie syndrome because I don't like this trajectory...

2018 was a solid 8/10 for me, this is somewhere around 5 or 6.

Movie was cool until it got to the end.

Tired of people in the movie acting dumb as fuck and just sitting there waiting for Micheal to kill them like that one scene where that black lady unlocks like half of the locks and just turns around and watches her husband get knocked off and just grabs a knife like you gon do something about it knowing damn well yo ass about to die. Same with the other scene when they all in the car and the older lady just starts shooting randomly and runs out of bullets and the black lady in the nurse costume who just starts randomly shooting Mike just slam the door open and she shoot herself (ngl this scene had me crying laughing shit was outrageous).

I think the movies biggest weakness is it's abrupt ending. I think Ends will elevate this movie since Kills feels very much like a part 1 without it's part 2 available.

I think the movies biggest weakness is it's abrupt ending. I think Ends will elevate this movie since Kills feels very much like a part 1 without it's part 2 available.
I think so too. I am sure Ends will be great! We shall wait and see next year.

Quoted by: GJ
Movie was hilarious,
the car scene and big John little John grabbing small knife big knife respectively
😂
Movie was cool until it got to the end.

Tired of people in the movie acting dumb as fuck and just sitting there waiting for Micheal to kill them like that one scene where that black lady unlocks like half of the locks and just turns around and watches her husband get knocked off and just grabs a knife like you gon do something about it knowing damn well yo ass about to die. Same with the other scene when they all in the car and the older lady just starts shooting randomly and runs out of bullets and the black lady in the nurse costume who just starts randomly shooting Mike just slam the door open and she shoot herself (ngl this scene had me crying laughing shit was outrageous).
That car scene had me in stitches lmao

After 2018 I was sure Kills was gonna be great as well 😰.
I think Kills will be better after Ends drops. It just feels weird right now because they really treated it like a direct continuation and didn't try it all to make feel like it's own movie.

Same issue I have with A Quiet Place 2.

Back
Top Bottom