• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Hades 2 Early Access, check threadmark!

My GPU is probably 10 years old at this point so I’ll probably sign up just to get them some data but I have absolutely no interest in EA for this

I'm so glad they're doing this. I'm not really into paying into Early Access games even though I trust Supergiant to drop another great game.

But I was definitely willing to wait for the 1.0 release on Switch again like the first.

The old me would jump at this opportunity. The new me just isn't that into gaming right now. What's going on with me?

how long did it take the original Hades to release afte early access
A little under 2 years. The initial early access was on December 6, 2018 and was fully released on September 17, 2020. I would probably expect around the same timeframe. Maybe a little less.

I know Supergiant crafted the shit out of Hades in Early Access, and I know that a significant chunk of content didn't come till launch, so most players still got good experiences even having been through Early Access.

Still, as hungry as I am, I think I'll wait and have my meal all at once

Just got the email about this. I didn't participate in early access for the first game, but I'm definitely interested this time around. Even better if I get into the Technical Test. The first game was such a strong experience that I'm down for seeing how the meal was made, so to speak.

Booooo, I thought they were gonna release sooner :((((
They might this time around

Their goal is to have as much content in Early Access for Hades 2 as they did for Hades 1 when it launched in Early Access on Steam, which iirc was about a year into its Early Access. So it might be closer to a year

I'm gonna wait for 1.0 like I did for the first game, but glad to see it's moving along.

The developers are livestreaming the game right now!

They've also stated that entry into the test will be in waves, not all at once, and people will start to get entry "soon"

I finished 5 runs in the technical beta, incredibly addictive and it ran pretty flawlessly for me. That said I don't want to play too much and run the risk of dialogue (best part of the game IMO) getting stale before I play the fully released version of the game.

I finished 5 runs in the technical beta, incredibly addictive and it ran pretty flawlessly for me. That said I don't want to play too much and run the risk of dialogue (best part of the game IMO) getting stale before I play the fully released version of the game.
That's probably exactly how I'll interact with every version of the test and early access. When did you get the invite?

That's probably exactly how I'll interact with every version of the test and early access. When did you get the invite?
No idea, someone told me they were streaming and I checked my steam library on a whim and it was in there lol.

Really excited to see more of Hades 2, and what the story is and she and Zag fit into all this!

I'm torn. I didn't play Hades until the 1.0 release on Switch, but after playing the Technical Test, it's hard to resist not just jumping in now.

Really going to try to wait a bit before I play, but realistically I'll last about a month.

How long before this game probably releases in it's 1.0 form?
I know it was mentioned earlier in this thread but I'm not sure when it's beta access first started, earlier this year?

So from what I'm reading this is pretty content complete, has the final boss and 4 zones.

So from what I'm reading this is pretty content complete, has the final boss and 4 zones.
I wonder if the zones are progressed through in a set order (as in the first game), or a randomized one. I love Hades, but I did always wish there were somehow an additional biome or two, or at least some shake-ups in the order they're traversed. I know the chances of it happening are slim, but I think it'd be really neat if Melinoë was able to go through remixed variants of Tartarus, Asphodel, Elysium, and Styx. Similarly, Zagreus eventually being made playable in Hades II (with access to his weapons from the first game) would be sick for replayability and all those new character interactions.

Game is somehow prettier than the first, which was already pretty.

Could we maybe turn this into the official Early Access thread?

I attempted maybe 5 or 6 runs or so last night. Very very good. Familiar, but different enough from the first game to feel justified. Intriguing direction for the plot, good characters. Beat the first boss just once (and also made it to the second boss in the same run), so I'd say the difficulty balance is pretty good.

I'm excited to see what else they do with it. More importantly, I'm excited to play more tonight lol

Welp I'm completely addicted again. I'm at the 3rd boss.

Seems like it's basically the full game? Just missing 1 weapon, some cosmetic system and 1 more area?

Playing this feels like I opened up the Christmas presents a year early, perhaps literally. It's very good. I also didn't realize you could sprint, oops.

Playing this feels like I opened up the Christmas presents a year early, perhaps literally. It's very good. I also didn't realize you could sprint, oops.
Yeah, this feels like the same Hades we all love but with more to do/more depth to the movesets etc.

She's a bit more of a technical character, weaving in charged moves and she has battlefield control options. I expected as much. She has access to some more mage-like and rogue-like movesets. But you also have the axe, which does offer some more technical options, but you can definitely just spin to win as well.

The only weapon I don't care for yet is the torch but I think it might be a machine for hold basic attacks if you can get it going. (not sure)

Last edited:
I’m so happy they’re sharing this in Early Access, but I’ll wait to jump in- the first game consumed me hahaha. I can wait for version 1.0. Glad to see people enjoying new depths to that glorious combat system!

I think I’ll use the time to
earn the most complete ending
in the first game- which I believe might be one of the best arcade experiences ever.

I’m so happy they’re sharing this in Early Access, but I’ll wait to jump in- the first game consumed me hahaha. I can wait for version 1.0. Glad to see people enjoying new depths to that glorious combat system!

I think I’ll use the time to
earn the most complete ending
in the first game- which I believe might be one of the best arcade experiences ever.
I worry for your forthcoming attempts to avoid spoilers for the 2nd game. So far the bosses have been fantastic, and I would feel sad for you if they got spoiled for you and you didn't get to be delighted by the surprise.

I'm being direct and serious. This is not a "that's a nice car you have there, it's a shame if something happened to it" type statement.

I worry for your forthcoming attempts to avoid spoilers for the 2nd game. So far the bosses have been fantastic, and I would feel sad for you if they got spoiled for you and you didn't get to be delighted by the surprise.

I'm being direct and serious. This is not a "that's a nice car you have there, it's a shame if something happened to it" type statement.
iu

Looks like I'll be playing this after Armored Core!

Welp I'm completely addicted again. I'm at the 3rd boss.

Seems like it's basically the full game? Just missing 1 weapon, some cosmetic system and 1 more area?
And the story conclusion it seems, though I think there might be more gameplay wise missing. Plus I've heard that there are Aspects missing but I haven't unlocked those yet

From what I've gathered, there are 4 Underworld regions and 2 Surface regions (though I haven't cleared either yet so not entirely sure). I feel like they should probably match by the end? So might be two regions missing.

Plus there are some gods from the first game absent and it would feel weird not to have them return in some way, so I feel like we'll get more boons as well down the line

From what I've gathered, there are 4 Underworld regions and 2 Surface regions (though I haven't cleared either yet so not entirely sure). I feel like they should probably match by the end? So might be two regions missing.

Plus there are some gods from the first game absent and it would feel weird not to have them return in some way, so I feel like we'll get more boons as well down the line
I've hit the end of the 4th biome, but haven't beaten the boss there. With all that's returned at this point, it would be unexpected for any major characters or themes to not return.

I maxed pretty much everything in the first game, most notably including Keepsakes, which took quite a while (but was so much fun). I don't remember exactly how long it took me, but I might do it all over again between now and Hades II's full release. As a console bloke, it'll certainly be a wait.
The main thing I didn't do is acquire all cosmetics and furnishings in the House of Hades, a process seemingly designed to go on and on, to where the player never truly runs out of things to grind for.

Why so much concern in getting it on early access? Do the games change a lot from EA to final release? (I'm not just versed into this kind of business model)

Gave in and got it. My initial run I died to the first boss, but narrowly beat the boss on the second. Called it there for the night but it already feels good and full of that Supergiant charm. Looking forward to going back and seeing the second area.

Why so much concern in getting it on early access? Do the games change a lot from EA to final release? (I'm not just versed into this kind of business model)
I think some people just want the finished product. It's understandable. Sometimes people don't want to play an unfinished game. I don't often spring for EA, but have no problem with the model since you generally know what you're getting into.

Games can change significantly over the course of EA but it depends on the game and at which point in development it's released. Hades 2 seems fairly far along.

I know I'm not good enough to get past the second zone so I'm not worried about going through too much of the game before final release

Also I'll be double dipping on Switch 2 anyway

:')

Back
Top Bottom