• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Steam GYAAR Studio (Bandai Namco's indie incubation team) is releasing 3 more small free games on March 26th

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They
for those unaware, they were founded back in 2021. and released a unique Battle Royale X Quiz game called Survival Quiz CITY.
waifu_2.gif

it was quite fun in short bursts, but it suffered from the common issue of being most enjoyable as something you'd play at an event/convention. and not really being something you'd want to permanently buy and play consistently. (other games that suffered from this issue include SpyParty and The Flock.)

regardless, here are the new projects coming from them.

HOOK & KAIJU

(april 7th)

a 2D combat game where you topple giant creatures down using hooks, reminds me of the classic game "Hammerfight".

ENDRAYS

(april 14th)

a top-down laser destruction game, aiming is done using the mouse.

EXCYCLE

(april 21st)

a unicycle racing game with an art style resembling notable Pokemon artist Take Oekaki. can you manage to get your boingy boof in 1st place?

SHIGERU PLANET

(april 28th)

good news, Katamari fans. Namco has created a bizzare new ip for you. manage a garden featuring some absolutely terrifying flowers with human faces on them.

i'll probably open a poll to determine which of these games is the best once they're all out there, so keep an eye on that.

So I've been playing these latest three and they're all pretty fun; neat little "here's an idea, what can we do with that in a 20-30 minute experience" game jam-y type things. Boomeroad especially is something I'd be very interested in seeing fleshed out into a fuller game

Really makes me wish they'd put those other games out internationally because now I'm super curious about giving them a go

Back
Top Bottom