• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • General system instability
    🚧 We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. 🚧

Discussion Get a sneak peak at Universal Studios Japan's Donkey Kong area

ziggyrivers

thunder
Pronouns
He/him/his
Source Tweets:

—————

Article:

It's on like Donkey Kong

Back when Universal Studios Japan was working on Super Nintendo World, we were inundated with overhead shots of the park being built. We saw pictures of the big plot of land, fly-over footage of familiar imagery, and eventually the fully-completed park. Now it’s time to do that all over again with Donkey Kong!

As you most likely know, Universal Studios Japan is adding in a Donkey Kong park to their Super Nintendo World attractions, and the star of the show will be a Donkey Kong rollercoaster. Universal Studios Japan has been hard at work on this new section of park for awhile, and now we’re starting to see some points of interest we can recognize.

People at Universal Studios Japan can now see one of the Donkey Kong temples looming over the trees, and you can get the same view in the video above. We have no idea when exactly this new park will open, but it definitely seems like construction is motoring along. We’ll keep an eye out for more sneak peeks as the months roll on!

Link: https://gonintendo.com/contents/29445-get-a-sneak-peak-at-universal-studios-japan-s-donkey-kong-area

It's on like Donkey Kong is still the fakest marketing phrase of all time who tf says that

Just a vague 2024. No exact dates yet.

Tinfoil hat time: what if Nintendo is holding back on a new DK game so they can release it alongside the opening of the DK area?
It wouldn’t surprise me, honestly. They could also use it to make up their 2024 calendar

Tinfoil hat time: what if Nintendo is holding back on a new DK game so they can release it alongside the opening of the DK area?
I think at most, Nintendo is holding back the announcement of a new DK game, as in, revealing it alongside the park's opening and not it releasing it alongside.

MonkEPD being real and a fall 2024 game on Switch 1 would really help round out the software timeline of Switch 2 in 2025

MonkEPD being real and a fall 2024 game on Switch 1 would really help round out the software timeline of Switch 2 in 2025
I want this timeline because:

a) we get a new Donkey Kong game
b) we get a lot of funny "NINTENDOOMED?" posts if Switch 2 doesn't launch next year

I hope there's no Kremlings in this park so that we see DKVine talking about how insiders told them that actually the park was gonna have K Rool until Disneyland asked to be the ones to bring Kremlings to a park instead.

I hope there's no Kremlings in this park so that we see DKVine talking about how insiders told them that actually the park was gonna have K Rool until Disneyland asked to be the ones to bring Kremlings to a park instead.
Is it true that theme park insiders told DK Vine about that?

was gonna make a joke about the rage we will get if no Kremlings are there but I was beaten to it

So... if those rumors that we'll get a "media event" tomorrow for the park pan out, I hope that we at least get some new renders or something. Considering we had the data mine a long time ago give away all of the activities I don't suspect there's much of a chance we'll get any more new info beyond what we know outside of an opening day for the park itself.

Donkey Kong Country opening at Universal Studios Japan in Spring 2024

The rumors were real!

IMG_3529.jpg

Back
Top Bottom