• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

News Garage: Bad Dream Adventure, cult classic adventure game, is coming to Nintendo switch (out now!)

mazi

picross pundit

Sakuba Metal Works and SmokymonkeyS will release the remastered adventure game Garage: Bad Dream Adventure for Switch on June 6, the developers announced. It will support English, Japanese, Traditional Chinese, and Simplified Chinese language options.

Garage: Bad Dream Adventure first launched for PC on March 25, 1999 in Japan. The remastered version launched for iOS and Android on December 10, 2021 worldwide, followed by PC via Steam on July 7, 2022.
here's a trailer:

Never heard of it before, looks delightfully creepy!

Kinda reminds me of the Amanita Design games.

Never heard of it before. This look depressing as hell, I love it, this is fascinating. Not sure if I have the will to play it (I suck at old PC adventure games), but I definitely need to watch a playthrough of it.

This is a really weird one. The vibes are grimy as hell. Been interested in trying it out for a while now.

for those unaware, this was one of the early lost-media holy grails. the original release in 1999 had an extremely limited print run of 3000 copies due to the publisher dropping out of game publishing shortly after release.
the internet caught wind of it due to it's very creepy art style, and a copy was finally dumped online in 2014. leading to a boom in other obscure PC games getting recovered such as the Roly-Polys series and the highly controversial Cookie's Bustle.

eventually word of it's newfound popularity reached director Tomomi Sakuba, who ran a successful crowdfunding campaign to make a proper re-release of the game for modern platforms.

Back
Top Bottom