• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Fun Club GameGenie/shark coming to NSO?

Ah, the good ol' days of putting a 29 lines codes with a GameCube controller to force all F-Zero GX CPU cars to have 1 HP, then watching all of them die like the putrid insects they were as soon as they hit a wall or touched each other. They couldn't even regenerate. What a pleasure. Die, Master mode, DIE.

I don't think Nintendo likes Game Genie and Game Shark (their stance is that this degrades the intended design and creative integrity of their games).

I don't think Nintendo likes Game Genie and Game Shark (their stance is that this degrades the intended design and creative integrity of their games).
agreeable and their only troll was a shark behind bars back in the mario 64 days ... dire dire docks was it? on the bottom?

The most modern incarnation of Game Genie was, last I heard, a brand acquired by a different company that then put out bad cheat devices that failed on the market.

yeah, and nin and sega were rivals in the 90s ... yet, look what we have for NSO/NSO+

the sega genesis/mega drive

maybe the dreamcast in the future ... ( i doubt the gamegear would make an appearance )

I don’t think Nintendo ever filed a lawsuit against Sega for making Sonic or Altered Beast.

yeah, and nin and sega were rivals in the 90s ... yet, look what we have for NSO/NSO+

the sega genesis/mega drive

maybe the dreamcast in the future ... ( i doubt the gamegear would make an appearance )
Gamegear showed up on 3DS so totally not ruling out GG for NSO.

taking this as an insider hint that Shantae (genie game) is coming to Game Boy NSO and that they're adding Sega CD so we can all play Sewer Shark (shark game)

Ah yes, Nintendo will definitely allow you to do direct memory manipulation since they have a storied history of letting anyone do anything unintentional to their games and devices.

Critical thinking skills seems to be especially lacking around here.

Was always more fan of the Pro Action Replay as adresses and values weren’t encrypted like they were with the Game Genie.

They have SP versions of some games, like Mario 3 with all the suits or Metroid with everything loaded up and ready to fight mother brain.

I think they recognize the value of Game Genie’s memory hacks and thought “yeah we can just do this ourselves”

Bellydrum helped make famiboards and was admin for awhile before stepping down. My post was just a shitpost being obvious fake clickbait.
“You won’t believe what former admin of gaming forum said about clickbait!”

The closest you'll ever get to this would probably be similar cheats being available via homebrew.

This brings back memories of messing around in those Beta rooms in the Wind Waker with the moon jump code... Oh the places I've been.

Back
Top Bottom