• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion Fear Effect Reinvented is dead

Samus95

Koopa

The Remake of the original Fear Effect is cancelled

Not surprising, the trailer was pathetic and even insulting, from the idea of a 1:1 remake by Sunshee(that was probably better) to a generic tps with a fake comic book style and horrible gameplay simply by looking at it

I just hope one day FE1&2 et at least a port maybe now Limited Run Games can go for them to Square after GEX

Damn. Too bad, their work was improving remake after remake (Front Mission is very good)
Yes but Fear Effect Reinvented was already a truble development, and deciding to NOT go with a 1:1 remake basically doomed it

Forever is decent only if they literally copy the original

Completely forgot about this and upon rewatching the teaser I can see why. Between this and the XIII remake there seems to be a, to me, inexplicable aversion to cel shaded graphics in classic games. They lost so much in the move to a more Borderlands-y look. Shame they couldn’t turn it around.

As for Panzer Dragoon Zwei, I’ve already accepted that it’s either super far down the list of priorities or outright cancelled. I don’t think the first one did particularly well, otherwise we’d have seen the sequel by now.

The individual developers seem to be talented enough, but I have some serious questions about that company's management. They sign onto a hundred projects, and those who make it turn out to have serious issues at launch.

The only good thing for the FE ip os that now with Square starting to work with LGR with GEX, we can actually see FE1+2 being an eligible title to continue the Eidos games in Carbon Engine

On Forever Entertainment, what was the whole deal thing they had with Nintendo about? Was it just for the Front Mission games?

I don't think so: Front Mission isn't even a Nintendo IP and that deal implied working at least also on Nintendo IP I think?

I don't think so: Front Mission isn't even a Nintendo IP and that deal implied working at least also on Nintendo IP I think?

Yeah, I wasn't sure if it was a deal where Nintendo got timed exclusive launch windows on Forever's games or if it was specifically to work on Nintendo IP. I'll have to search out the original press release and see what it says.

EDIT: The Nintendolife article from June 2021 doesn't seem to mention working on Nintendo IP

Forever Entertainment SA has announced a new publishing deal with Nintendo which will see the studio receive financial backing to launch "several" games on Switch.

Details of the agreement have been shared in a new report filed today, 22nd June; it notes that Forever Entertainment will be granted "significant financial support from Nintendo... to release several titles on Nintendo Switch." Release dates for these games "will be communicated in separate ongoing reports."

On Forever Entertainment, what was the whole deal thing they had with Nintendo about? Was it just for the Front Mission games?
All their last few games like Panzer Dragoon, House of the Dead or Front Mission 1 Remake were Switch exclusive for the first few months.
The Front Mission 2 Remake coming soon will be aswell.

I don't think it's more than that.

this just reminds me how rarely the original games got re-released in the first place. the first two games were on the Playstation Store for PS3/PSP/Vita, but only in Europe for whatever reason.

Man this is some real sucky news to come across. I love these games and hope that they will be re-released for a modern Era like how Tomba and Gex seem to be doing and hopefully good reception and sales could get some studio to fund and finish Inferno but sadly I know that'll never happen.

Back
Top Bottom