• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

News FANTASIAN Neo Dimension announced for PC and consoles, coming this Winter, published by Square Enix

mazi

picross pundit

The Father of FINAL FANTASY, Hironobu Sakaguchi, and renowned composer Nobuo Uematsu return to deliver an original RPG story.

Embark on an multi-dimensional journey to reclaim your lost memories and save the world from the mechteria infection.

FANTASIAN Neo Dimension launches on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Steam, and Xbox Series X|S this Winter 2024.

Look, i'm gonna get it, have been asking for it on consoles for a long time.

But i can't do anything but feel for Gooch, as this will be totally buried under the news and talk of Zelda and Metroid.

Look, i'm gonna get it, have been asking for it on consoles for a long time.

But i can't do anything but feel for Gooch, as this will be totally buried under the news and talk of Zelda and Metroid.
i don't think this game was every going to be the biggest news of the day no matter when and where it was announced

Finally!

nD77K9G.jpeg

I've been waiting for this news day since hearing the first version was Apple Arcade exclusive, so extremely excited to finally play it for myself!!!

THE GOOCH DOESN'T MISS.... OFTEN.

oyD22D8.gif

So many JRPGs coming and this was still one of the highlights.

Sakaguchi needs to keep doing what he loves (and make a The Last Story remaster).

Easy mode (now normal lmao) has me interested. I'll sheepishly admit I wrote the game off when I heard folks talk about Part 2's difficulty.

Cute to see Square publish it.

it feels surreal seeing Sakaguchi in SE

I think Mistwalker is the one to blame here, for once. ;D
I have a feeling Square Enix may have had a hand in requesting Fantasian have a subtitle to differentiate it from the base game, and that may have been their marketing.

Just a suspicion

Tho Mistealker is the same company that gave us the Last Story (a play on Final Fantasy)

I wish we had a release date for it. Winter is too vague. Is it December, January or February? Hopefully it'll release first week of December.

So is this game good?
I’ve always heard people talk about it but I have 0 idea of what it is other than being a sakaguchi rpg exclusive to apple.
Can someone be so kind to enlighten me on this?

it feels surreal seeing Sakaguchi in SE

I have a feeling Square Enix may have had a hand in requesting Fantasian have a subtitle to differentiate it from the base game, and that may have been their marketing.

Just a suspicion

Tho Mistealker is the same company that gave us the Last Story (a play on Final Fantasy)
no one can change my mind that the last story was a fire name
sure its a stupid play on words but thats what makes it so good

Last edited:
So is this game good?
I’ve always heard people talk about it but I have 0 idea of what it is other than being a sakaguchi rpg exclusive to apple.
The best parts of it are the area backgrounds, which are dioramas that they drew and then laid the interactible things on top of, and how the game handles random battles. When you're running around, you can choose to skip the random encounters in favor of doing them all at once later. Since the game has a combo system you're rewarded for banking a whole bunch of enemies and fighting them all at once. Saves on resources too since you can hit a bunch of enemies at once with the same spell.

It's not likely to blow your mind or anything but it's well designed and clever.

Fantasian being Mistwalker’s FINAL FANTASY, and not the Last Story, would be interesanting lol

No, you only can play it with the suscription

Apple Arcade continues to provide us good (little) gems, imho
glad people is subscribing, service is ongoing, so we can get good games out of it on a dedicated device such as the Switch

Very cool to finally see this, been a long time coming.

I go through periods of high and low with jrpgs, but I imagine I’ll check this out since I love the diorama backgrounds.

Apple Arcade continues to provide us good (little) gems, imho
glad people is subscribing, service is ongoing, so we can get good games out of it on a dedicated device such as the Switch
it's actually not doing well. all these good games that people ask for release on other platforms were the games that came out in 2019, 2020 when the platform launched. nowadays the majority of new games on the systems are just "+" versions of very old ios games with the monetization and ads taken out. no one's really making any new exciting exclusives for the service, and the contract for a lot of the old games has ended so not only are they coming to other platforms, they're actually being removed from apple arcade. (edit: for some reason sega is still supporting the service, but they're like the last major publisher to do so)

tl;dr apple arcade is a massive flop and i won't be surprised if it shuts down in a year or two

it's actually not doing well. all these good games that people ask for release on other platforms were the games that came out in 2019, 2020 when the platform launched. nowadays the majority of new games on the systems are just "+" versions of very old ios games with the monetization and ads taken out. no one's really making any new exciting exclusives for the service, and the contract for a lot of the old games has ended so not only are they coming to other platforms, they're actually being removed from apple arcade. (edit: for some reason sega is still supporting the service, but they're like the last major publisher to do so)

tl;dr apple arcade is a massive flop and i won't be surprised if it shuts down in a year or two

thanks for the head up!
that said...it has been good for "us", as long as it lasted!

I've been waiting so long for the game that I've literally forgotten things about it that got me interested in the first place.

☝️ I totally forgot the game was built out of dioramas.

I am re-hyped.

(I dunno what the text says, I'm just sharing for the photos)

I played a little bit of this last year and it was fine / good -- the story and gameplay really weren't much to write home about but the diorama levels and very unique soundtrack by Uematsu are excellent. I'll probably give it another go when it releases on Switch.

Sonic

I've been waiting so long for the game that I've literally forgotten things about it that got me interested in the first place.

☝️ I totally forgot the game was built out of dioramas.

I am re-hyped.

(I dunno what the text says, I'm just sharing for the photos)

looks neat, the ho hum UI and overall cheap mobile presentation from the direct trailer didn't do it justice.
ill put it back on my list of games to watch.

I heard a V-tuber qualifying this game's visuals as "Nier but bad" and spent the last hour or so being irrationally mad about it, because I'm petty like that.

Anyway, can't wait to play it.

I heard a V-tuber qualifying this game's visuals as "Nier but bad" and spent the last hour or so being irrationally mad about it, because I'm petty like that.

Anyway, can't wait to play it.
wtf 🤣

Game has a completely different aesthetic built out of literal hand-made dioramas but protag has white hair and black clothes therefore "the visuals are like Nier"

So is this game good?
if you liked final fantasy 1-9/10 this is Ff 11

Basically a continuation of his FF before other people took over.

Not really the best descriptor but if you liked the ps1 and snes ff’s you’ll probably like this

if you liked final fantasy 1-9/10 this is Ff 11

Basically a continuation of his FF before other people took over.
If this really is the case then I'm happy Sakaguchi went from "this will be my last game" to "I wanna make sequels to this"

Imagine if Square Enix and Sakaguchi teamed up to make Final Fantasy 17 together as his last game before retirement? Would be exciting to see what Sakaguchi would make with an AAA budget.

Actually it's worse, she said "ugly Nier". Such a shallow comparaison is even more baffling when you realize she's apparently an artist herself. Do you seriously not realize how insulting that is as an artist?

Here's the clip in question

"Gameplay looks like Super Monkey Ball" what the fuuuuuuuuuck 🤣😂🤣😂🤣

She must be trolling. She must be 🤣

Back
Top Bottom