• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Sales Data Famitsu Week 7, 2023 sales (Feb. 6-12)

therein lies the problem, I think. people might be asking "where's the jrpg?" when all SE is showing fantasy DMC. how do party members play in battle? what about quests, exploration, progression, etc.

I'm the prophet Famiboards needs.

I'm sure Square is legitimately upset and confused that Final Fantasy VII remake sold so much worse than God of War 2018 as both have similar design (30 hour linear action games with RPG elements) and similar weaknesses (fucking horrible pacing and writing)

I would guess Square responded to the mild disappointment of FF7R (relative to God of War) by making FF16 much more action and cinematic focused and significantly less RPG and strategic to make it even more similar to God of War.

The writing of FF7R is so babygame and so soft that it's hard to make it even more similar to God of War (the most babygame series imaginable from a writing perspective) there. Not sure what the writing in 16 will be like.

I'm sure Square is legitimately upset and confused that Final Fantasy VII remake sold so much worse than God of War 2018 as both have similar design (30 hour linear action games with RPG elements) and similar weaknesses (fucking horrible pacing and writing)

I would guess Square responded to the mild disappointment of FF7R (relative to God of War) by making FF16 much more action and cinematic focused and significantly less RPG and strategic to make it even more similar to God of War.

The writing of FF7R is so babygame and so soft that it's hard to make it even more similar to God of War (the most babygame series imaginable from a writing perspective) there. Not sure what the writing in 16 will be like.
I don't know what half the words in this post mean.

I don't know what half the words in this post mean.

"babygame" just referring to the back-breaking, game-ruining writing in both franchises considering how dark the premise is for both.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake is a sequel to Advent Children where Sephiroth traveled to another dimension to kill everyone and instead, no one dies in this AU.

Norse God of War is about the painless redemption of a guy who murdered all the civilians in Greece.

Both seem aimed at much younger audiences than Steven Universe despite having such a dark premise.

"babygame" just referring to the back-breaking, game-ruining writing in both franchises considering how dark the premise is for both.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake is a sequel to Advent Children where Sephiroth traveled to another dimension to kill everyone and instead, no one dies in this AU.

Norse God of War is about the painless redemption of a guy who murdered all the civilians in Greece.

Both seem aimed at much younger audiences than Steven Universe despite having such a dark premise.
krule-john-c-reilly.gif

White Diamond was redeemed because it's a kids show and encouraging kids to kill others for the greater good is something kids shows don't like to do, and White Diamond probably was criticized more than Kratos, lol.

Not to mention Rose Quartz is handled with a billion times more nuance than Kratos.

Both are hyper embarrassing wish fulfillment franchises for people who like fix-it fanfiction. Only really Naruto compares for popular franchises.

Back
Top Bottom