• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Sales Data Famitsu Sales: Week 17+18, 2024 (Apr. 22 - May. 05)

[Weekly sales of software and hardware] “Stellar Blade” starts at the top! The latest works of ``Hyakyuuden'', ``Forever Blue'', ``Saga'', and ``Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba'' are also in the top 10 [4/22-5/5]

[Weekly sales of software and hardware] “Stellar Blade” starts at the top! The latest works of "Hyakyuuden'', "Forever Blue'' Saga and "Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba'' are also in the top 10 [4/22-5/5]​

Sales ranking announced by Famitsu. This time we bring you a summary of estimated weekly game software and hardware sales from April 22, 2024 to May 5, 2024.

Due to the aggregation period the ranking is based on the total of 2 weeks.

In this week's ranking, 6 of the top 10 titles are new titles (5 titles if counted by model). Among them, "Stellar Blade" took first place .

This is an action-adventure produced by South Korean developer SHIFT UP and it got off to a good start, receiving positive reviews for its attractive characters and stylish sci-fi action.

Next in 2nd and 5th place are the Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 5 versions of the new RPG Hyakyuuden, created by the creators of various hit titles such as the "Suikoden'' series. In third place is "Forever Blue Luminous'', the latest work in the marine adventure series that allows you to freely explore the ocean .

In 6th place is the latest title in the 35-year-old RPG Saga series, "Saga Emerald Beyond'' and in 7th place is "Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba'', a board game based on the popular anime Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Aim! The strongest soldier!

Famitsu Sales: Week 17+18 2024 (Apr 22 - May 05)​

Software​

1st PS5 Stellar Blade
67,131 (total 67,131) / Sony Interactive Entertainment / April 26, 2024

2nd Switch Hundred Heroes
46,729 (total 46,729) / 505 Games / April 23, 2024

3rd Switch Forever Blue Luminous
28,345 (total 28,345) / Nintendo / May 2, 2024

4th Switch Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
21,089 (total 5,825,584) / Nintendo / April 28, 2017

5th PS5 Hundred Heroes
19,434 (total 19,434) / 505 Games / April 23, 2024

6th Switch Saga Emerald Beyond
18,434 (total 18,434) / Square Enix / April 25, 2024

7th Switch Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Aim! The strongest soldier!
17,404 (total 17,404) / Aniplex / April 25, 2024

8th Switch Princess Peach Showtime!
17,171 (total 160,351) / Nintendo / March 22, 2024

9th Switch Super Mario Bros. Wonder
16,080 (total 1,846,076) / Nintendo / October 20, 2023

10th Switch Minecraft
14,083 (total 3,516,475) / Microsoft Japan / June 21, 2018

Hardware​

• Switch - 11,199 (total 19,786,390)
  • Switch Lite - 16,247 (total 5,833,845)
  • Switch Oled - 72,592 (total 7,195,696)
  • PS5 - 43,033 (total 4,808,908)
  • PS5 DE - 6,501 (total 767,403)
  • Xbox Series X - 2,982 (total 271,121)
  • Xbox Series S - 2,353 (total 310,852)
  • PS4 - 202 (total 7,925,781)

PrJLuAB.png

Last edited:
Obviously no weekly percentage increases/decreases for software and last years golden week was weeks 18+19 so no last year comparison.

Last edited:
That Hundred Heroes split just reinforces the likelihood that JP RPG pubs are gonna be lining up for Switch 2 dev kits like they’re the new Dragon Quest

Endless Ocean managing to nab the #3 spot in a two week chart after only three days of sales. It's also the best opening for the series by a good margin (both Wii entries were around 17,500).

And they didn't originally want to put Eiuyden on Switch.

These numbers are sorta so so but I'm so happy to see Endless Ocean listing. It's a good foundation, with updates and support maybe it even becomes great. I'd like to see what Arika can do in the future on future hardware.

And they didn't originally want to put Eiuyden on Switch.

These numbers are sorta so so but I'm so happy to see Endless Ocean listing. It's a good foundation, with updates and support maybe it even becomes great. I'd like to see what Arika can do in the future on future hardware.
Eh, they originally didn't want to promise it would be on switch in the Kickstarter because they weren't sure it'd end up being feasible for them to optimise it to run adequately with the budget they had. That's just refreshingly honest really, when they could have promised the world with no real thought in it. I think they always said they'd at least put it on the next Nintendo device, so it's not like they didn't want a Nintendo version

Oh yeah, definitely. They were transparent with their goals. I wanted it on switch cause of the Suikoden 2 rumors (or maybe there had just been some announcement about the games). I can't say I've played more than a few hours because it seemed to have a slow start -- and I'm committed to triangle strategy right now -- but I really liked what I played. Some performance issues aside that I'm sure will be ironed out. It seems like a worthy successor.

I was just looking at the #'s and thought it's kinda low for the reception. Was kinda expecting like 40-50k for it after reading some impressions before grabbing a copy. I get the financial going on doesn't help though. Hopefully it keeps selling.

Holy shit, SaGa is a dead franchise now I take it.

Solid but not groundbreaking numbers for Stellar Blade, but 67K still makes it one of the Top 10 PS5 launches unless I missed something.

I honestly thought Eiyuuden would do better, but I didn't grab it due to the Switch performance issues either. Here's hoping that performance patches arrive in time to help it on the tail-end.

Switch versions of multiplatform games have been ahead of PS for 5 years now and there hasn't been any change in developers' platform choice
So far there's been little reason to change from PS4 when it was the target years before Switch, remained relevant, and fairly easily allowed for multiplatform with Switch and PS5. Anybody making a decision beyond PS4 is doing so in a very changed world.

Huh... I had no idea it was called Forever Blue over there. I actually like that better.

I have a feeling Switch 2 will sway some developers.
With Switch 2 looking to be decently powerful i imagine many small and medium sized JRPGs will use it as a baseline and then just scale up to PS5 and PC instead of scaling down like what currently see.

Back
Top Bottom