• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Sales Data Famitsu sales (6/17/24 – 6/23/24)

Truno

Koopa
Pronouns
He/Him
Source

Software Sales
  1. [PS5] Elden Ring Shadow of the Erdtree Edition – 24,012 / NEW
  2. [NSW] Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengeance – 7,303 / 39,191
  3. [NSW] Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door – 7,189 / 186,685
  4. [PS4] Elden Ring Shadow of the Erdtree Edition – 7,008 / NEW
  5. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 6,179 / 5,876,739
  6. [NSW] Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 6,103 / 7,806,813
  7. [NSW] Radiant Silvergun – 5,455 / NEW
  8. [NSW] Minecraft – 4,625 / 3,548,971
  9. [NSW] Monster Hunter Stories – 4,213 / 14,429
  10. [NSW] Spirit Hunter: Death Mark x NG x Spirit Hunter: Death Mark II – 3,524 / NEW

Hardware Sales
  • Switch OLED – 26,476
  • Switch Lite – 7,721
  • Switch – 4,008
  • PS5 – 19,661
  • PS5 Digital Edition – 3,169
  • Xbox Series X – 771
  • Xbox Series S – 187
  • PS4 – 292

Hardware remains flat for both PS5 and Switch.

The direct didn't move the needle at all... we're entering the endgame
We'll probably see Switch hardware jump a bit the closer we get to release for some of the games featured in the Direct. Granted, Mario & Luigi is a couple weeks away, but Zelda is September and Dragon Quest III HD2D, which I expect to go pretty big in Japan, is November. We shall see.

EDIT: Whoops...Mario & Luigi is November.

Last edited:
Hardware remains flat for both PS5 and Switch.

The direct didn't move the needle at all... we're entering the endgame
The nearest big release coming from the Direct is still three months out, idk why you would expect the needle to start moving now anyway?

The nearest big release coming from the Direct is still three months out, idk why you would expect the needle to start moving now anyway?

Yeah its selling nearly 40k in a slow week of a slow season in its 8th year on market.

This is not a sign of anything. Direct boosts are not reliable nor massive when they do happen.

We'll probably see Switch hardware jump a bit the closer we get to release for some of the games featured in the Direct. Granted, Mario & Luigi is a couple weeks away, but Zelda is September and Dragon Quest III HD2D, which I expect to go pretty big in Japan, is November. We shall see.
Hold on, I think you same thing I did and mistake Mario and Luigi as July, it comes out in November

Echoes of Wisdom drops at the end of September and is coming alongside a limited edition SKU, so we're definitely going to see a bump then. 2024 will probably still end up being a million units behind 2023 either way in Japanese sales, though.

Nintendo's site says July 11th. Wonder if they made a typo... 🤔

You're looking at the UK site. They do DD-MM-YYYY. It's November 7th.

Echoes of Wisdom drops at the end of September and is coming alongside a limited edition SKU, so we're definitely going to see a bump then. 2024 will probably still end up being a million units behind 2023 either way in Japanese sales, though.

You're looking at the UK site. They do DD-MM-YYYY. It's November 7th.
Oh dammit, lol... my bad.

giphy.gif

A bit off-topic, but I recall someone mentioning a few months back that we won't be getting a CESA White Book this year. If so, what's the reason for that?

Back
Top Bottom