• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Famiboards Discussion Club |ST| A Community Podcast, Directly to You! (New Episode, Furukawa tweets about Switch Successor, June Direct Predictions!)

I would love a new 2D Zelda for a Direct ender, yes! And I will join the chorus of voices clamoring for an HD port of Kid Icarus Uprising, it's criminal that it's been stuck on 3DS.

We really are swimming in the primeval soup of chaos and uncertainty for the next Direct, and I cannot wait.

Minor housekeeping note, but we've updated the YouTube channel from "Famiboards Discussion Club" to just "Famiboards". The podcast itself is unchanged, it's just hosted on the Famiboards YouTube channel. I did this for a few reasons: one to help with channel discoverability, two to allow posting non-Podcast videos on the channel in the future, and three to lockdown the Famiboards username.

Firt episode listening to the Podcast and it was really a good time.
I will definitely listen the others.

Also, really excited for the next Direct. We could get something fresh and surprising. The last ones were more... tame ( but still with good games).

For this direct bets for me are just safe ones following the leaks we've already got (Some or all of the Final Fantasy Tactics being remastered, then throw a Xenosaga or new trilogy from Monolith Soft along the Roto Saga of Dragon Quest in 2D-HD remasters)
As of games that will be on opening for the Switch 2, safe to bet on Prime 4 will be there; add a new 3D Mario and perhaps a new Zelda. Then I'd guess both the remake of FF IX (Mainly hinted by the leader of Creative Unit 3, mister Naoki Yoshida) and the retelling of VII for opening from Square (The Re:FFVII is mainly just a wish to stick it to the Sony fans) and... you'd think that Enix could also drop DQ XII? Wildest cope are either Mario Kart 9 or directly the pipe dream that is a new F-Zero or a remaster of F-Zero GX with the stuff of AX and/or both GP Legends and Climax on the package.
Regardless looking forward the next Direct too, this time with less farms around if possible!

First episode listening to this, and what an episode. Great discussion all around. I really like all the picks and angles considered for both Switch 2 and the direct.

My thoughts:
  • They could do a repeat of the Zelda + Mario one two punch again, but with , wait for it, OoT Remake (ground up, not 1-1 with the N64 game, world is scaled up ) + new Mario
  • 2D Zelda makes sense for 2024 holidays
  • Anything is possible this direct, which is kind of crazy.
I am really hoping for some sort of 2d zelda, either a remake or a new game. I would love for the oracle games to get remade, that would be super cool.

Back
Top Bottom