• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Site Event Famiboards 3rd Annual Halloween Event |ST| The Witchiest Event of the Year Oct 11-31

Josh5890

Yoshi
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
Famiboardsvariationhalloween.png

Community Game Challenge
Halloween 2023
1200px-PMTTYD_Vivian_Main_Artwork.png
description-image

Welcome, one and all, to the 3rd annual Halloween Event. We come here every year to celebrate Halloween and gaming. This year we have returned with a brand-new event. This time, our badges are (mostly) focused on gaming witches. Once again, we are bringing back previous challenges as well. Have a spooky Halloween, and see if you can reach 30 badges this year!

A0Mp4MT.png

KFiaQis.png

Hello Cereza:
Complete a Bayonetta game

FuHKZKL.png

Cackletta's Soul:
Defeat the final boss in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (it is a witch boss)

FrNOHJH.png

Pumpkin Zone:
Defeat the Witch in Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins (Pumpkin Zone)

eIafAr9.png

The Journey of Frey:
Complete the main campaign in Forespoken

Be9hxgY.png

Puzzle Master:
Defeat Gryll in Kirby Star Stacker

GaMW9M7.png

Triple Trouble:
Defeat the Witch Sisters in Resident Evil: Village

0l2DiN6.png

Grunty's Downfall:
Defeat Gruntilda in any Banjo-Kazooie game

Im3sfDf.png

Yummy Challenge:
Complete Ashley's Food Challenge in Warioware: Get it Together with a score of at least 45

aWDKzlR.png

Return of the Novelist:
Complete Alan Wake 2

aMxlvXA.png

The Coldness of Space:
Complete any Dead Space game

After successfully completing the challenge, post the proof of your accomplishment here in this thread (video or image evidence will suffice; this is basically on the honor system, there won't be an in-depth verification. It's for fun!). A staff member will eventually award you with the badge showing your achievement. Please be patient, as this is a manual process.
Last, but most importantly are the acknowledgements of gratitude.
  • @paranoodle for once again lending their talents to create the badges!
  • The staff for their assistance. @VolcanicDynamo, @meatbag, and @xghost777 especially for their ideas.
  • @Barely Able for suggesting that we make this year a Witch Theme!
  • Every single one of you that joins in for this event. We couldn't do it without ever single one of you.

Last edited:
oaLRfhy.png

----2022----
7LPzKcQ.png

Halloween Odyssey:
Collect 1 Moon while Mario is wearing a funny, mis-matched costume in Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)

MlA3B3a.png

Fierce Deity:
Collect all 24 masks in LoZ: Majora's Mask (N64)

cRfpBQx.png

Mumbo's Pumpkin:
Complete Mad Monster Mansion in Banjo-Kazooie (N64)

xDdXOst.png

Boo's Castle:
Collect all 7 stars in Super Mario 64 Boo's Haunted Mansion (N64)

pKejIfr.png

Dark Demon:
Unlock the true ending in Demons Crest (SNES)

XMLjASp.png

Cleaning up:
Beat Luigi's Mansion 3 with 100% completion rate (Switch)

OmbvEkb.png

Get me out of here:
Beat Resident Evil 7 in under 4 hours (PS4/Xone)

wUE2UmF.png

Reaper of Souls:
Beat a Souls-like game (Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, Elden Ring, Bloodborne, Blasphemous, Ender Lililles or Salt & Sanctuary)

fbmoj1A.png

Speedrunner God:
Defeat the final boss in Elden Ring in under 20 minutes

hE3d68Z.png

Sir Arthur!:
Beat a game from Capcom's Ghouls and Ghosts series

b3f6UmV.png

Fellow Shardbinder:
Beat a Bloodstained game

----2021----

famiboard_badges_hw01.png

Quiet Mountain:
Complete any Silent Hill title.

famiboard_badges_hw06.png

Hey Now, You're A Ten Star :
Earn a 10 star ranking in any Silent Hill title.

famiboard_badges_hw02.png

Bad Tenant:
Complete any Resident Evil game.

famiboard_badges_hw07.png

Professional Resident:
Complete any Resident Evil game on the hardest difficulty available.

famiboard_badges_hw03.png

Haunted Castle:
Complete any Castlevania title.

famiboard_badges_hw08.png

Crissaegrim Crisis:
Get the Crissaegrim in Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.

famiboard_badges_hw04.png

Horror Icon:
Complete any game in the horror genre.

famiboard_badges_hw05.png

All Jacked Up:
Participate in any Animal Crossing game’s Halloween event and get at least three pieces of Spooky furniture or DIY recipe.

famiboard_badges_hw09.png

Luigi's Large House:
Get an A-ranked (or S Ranked for Dark Moon) Mansion ending in a Luigi’s Mansion game.

In my opinion, you should also be able to get the Pumpkin Zone badge by making a completely nonsensical David S. Pumpkins reference

Down for a few of these. I decided to play The Quarry since it’s leaving plus in a week. Already have the horror badge but having fun with this one. Think I might be down for finishing banjo Kazooie finally. Got one of those retro brawlers NSO 64 controllers so they control is actually as intended for these games.

Still no Diablo themed badges?

Anyways, I picked Ritual of the Night back up recently so I should be able to net the Bloodstained one. Should be able to do a couple of the Mario related ones as well (and they’ll be a good lead-in for Wonder too!)

I just beat Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga two days ago lol. I’ll try to do a fresh round of the final battle for a photo later tonight.

That one's on me, sorry. There was a Diablo-related badge idea that was suggested, but I'm the one who asked if we could do an alternate because I wasn't really comfortable drawing (albeit simple) Diablo fanart given the current situation with Actiblizz.
Totally understandable!

How about a Hades one, being lord of the dead and all that?

I’ll ping Josh later tonight here with photo proof, but I refought Cackletta for the badge challenge. Underestimated a buff she gave herself (x10 damage is absurd) and was wiped out with both bros, but I melted her in round two. Honestly the perfect badge challenge for me as my avatar character Iroha hunts witches :)

@Josh5890

I'm getting in one early, here's my pics for the Cackletta's Soul achievement

auyJdff.jpg

n4EUBcC.jpg

nhuxBEW.jpg

I'm thinking about going for one of the Resident Evil badges. I'm just not sure which one to play. I could go and play RE7 since I haven't played that yet, but I'd have to buy it first and I'd rather wait on a Steam sale for that.

Damn, a witch themed Halloween event and not even one nod to good guy Geralt?

Like, something like a joke badge like "Take a screenshot of the famous Witcher 3 bathtub scene on Switch".

;D

Sure, I will replay Dark Souls yet again for that sweet badge (that I somehow missed last year)!

2023101217520400-483C6BBED1D1438BF0CAEDD31329B90E.jpg
2023101217521900-483C6BBED1D1438BF0CAEDD31329B90E.jpg
2023101218133000-98873AAFEB6A7A208A12237792652AAE.jpg
2023101218142100-98873AAFEB6A7A208A12237792652AAE.jpg

Here's my Pumpkin Zone and Yummy Challenge screenshots. It's nice having a reason to go back and play Warioware GIT again 😅

I already have some of the badges from past years, I might add some to my collection as I'm already playing REmake this month. Love the spooky vibe!

Thanks everyone for making the event happen!

iu

Going for my first ever forum badge with SIGNALIS, playing it too for the first time after hearing all the hype. Tank controls, an aggressive CRT filter, and extremely dangerous enemies are making this survival horror geek smile (and scream!) ear-to-ear.

I never do these but I can't resist the season of the witch! I've done two:

Pumpkin Zone
This was nostalgic!

image-6483441.jpg

image-6483441-1.jpg

Puzzle Master
This was tougher! I was thinking that maybe I would just pack this one in after trying the game out, but I stuck with it out of spite. The later stages get really fast and it forced me to get to grips with things. Ended up being pretty satisfying. See you in hell, Gryll!

image-6483441-2.jpg

image-6483441-3.jpg

Here's the evidence for Grunty's Downfall:

I can blast through most of this game no problem, and it's one of my all time favorites, but man I really hate fighting Grunty. Camera just wasn't there yet for that level of action.

Still haven't beaten Bayonetta Origins yet. Maybe I'll try to do it for this challenge.

Aiming to do Cackeletta, pumpkin, puzzle and grunty… this weekend while I’m cooling off from my move XD

Hopefully I don’t have a repeat of the last time I played superstars where I bugged out my save with a bad save state placement

I DID IT! For the first time, I did and finished a Hardcore run of Resident Evil 2 Remake. Gimme those Bad Tenant, Professional Resident and Horror Icon badges!

OuPYOHE.png
iu

Hell yeah! Sure, optimizing routes can be tedious to some- or you can enjoy every death you earn by accidentally sprinting into bumbling corpses. 😂

I DID IT! For the first time, I did and finished a Hardcore run of Resident Evil 2 Remake. Gimme those Bad Tenant, Professional Resident and Horror Icon badges!

OuPYOHE.png

Well done. I suck/hate horror games so I would never torture myself with hardcore more. I can barely beat that game on normal.

Evidence for two more badges below, Pumpkin Zone and Puzzle Master

I think this is the entry point for badges if everyone is interested. I started from a fresh save, and got it done in about 10 or 15 minutes, if that. Especially if you're familiar with the game. Plus it's got great spooky vibes.

On the flip side, this one was kind of tough. Don't trust that timer, I'm a dirty cheater who cheats. I tried not to abuse rewind too much, but I would go back to the beginning of the stage every time I lost instead of going through whatever comes after losing. I'm actually not sure what happens when you die. But I sure died a lot, especially against DeDeDe. I probably played for at least triple what my timer shows. I also entered the wrong mode first, and just did the non-battle score attack mode, and got almost to 2000 points before I stopped. I've never played this game before, but it's a pretty fun puzzler.

Yummy Challenge evidence:

This game is pretty fun, but just makes me want the new Warioware to come out sooner as a return to form.

Waiting for Mario Wonder to download! Might be hard to squeeze in more badges!

Pumpkin Zone completed in Super Mario Land 2. This is the DX ROM hack that adds color. I have the original cartridge if that’s required. I can run through Pumpkin Zone pretty easily.

IMG-0718.jpg

Back
Top Bottom