• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Reviews EDGE Magazine #392 review scores - Alan Wake 2, Persona 5 Tactica, WarioWare: Move It!, and more

mazi

picross pundit
aXGbt2T.jpeg

Reviews:
Alan Wake 2 - 9
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III - 5
The Invincible - 7
A Highland Song - 9
The Talos Principle 2 - 8
Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name - 7
Persona 5 Tactica - 6
Last Train Home - 8
SteamWorld Build - 6
Thirsty Suitors - 7
WarioWare: Move It! - 7
Gubbins - 7

Cover - Where Winds Meet
Hype - Life by You, Thank Goodness You're Here!, Homeworld 3, Glassbreakers: Champions of Moss, Pepper Grinder, Indika
Hype Roundup - Broken Roads, Persona 3 Reload, Roman Sands: Re:build, Resistor, Laysara: Summit Kingdom
Studio Profile - Team Reptile
The Making of - Pentiment
Time Extend - Prey (2017)
The Long Game - Super Mario RPG

also i missed making the thread for the previous two issues, so here are the scores for anyone interested:

Starfield - 6
Cocoon - 9
Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty - 8
Lies of P - 7
The Crew: Motorfest - 6
Mortal Kombat 1 - 7
Chants of Sennaar - 9
Gunbrella - 7
Sea of Stars - 7
Mediterranea Inferno - 8
Eternights - 5
Finity - 8

Super Mario Bros. Wonder - 9
Lords of the Fallen - 6
Marvel's Spider-Man 2 - 8
Assassin's Creed Mirage - 6
Forza Motorsport - 7
Counter-Strike 2 - 9
Saltsea Chronicals - 8
Jusant - 8
The Lamplighters League - 6
El Paso, Elsewhere - 6
Worold of Horror - 7
The Fabulous Fear Machine - 7
Subpar Pool - 8
Hellboy: Web of Wyrd - 4

Last edited:
From what I've played of those games, seems fair to me and I think I'd rate them the same. That said, I think they're one of the few publications where 7 is still very solid fun time as opposed to near trash, and I hope I'm not mistaken, because personally I always believed that anything above 5 is enjoyable.

Thank you @mazi! I missed these. ❤️

I'm still holding on to the hope of not buying any more games until the year-end holidays. Soon Alan Wake II, soon...

Nice to see the love for Cocoon! And I should really try Jusant before my Game Pass expires.

From what I've played of those games, seems fair to me and I think I'd rate them the same. That said, I think they're one of the few publications where 7 is still very solid fun time as opposed to near trash, and I hope I'm not mistaken, because personally I always believed that anything above 5 is enjoyable.
I think most professional publications feel this way but general audiences just tend to freak out over 6's and 7's.

Nice one for Alan Wake, damn shame that game came out when other big titles released. Really feels it deserves better.

The Steamworld Build score is in line with how I felt after the demo, but not with my hopes for the full game.
I didn't play the demo, but I did look at impressions and my expectations were lowered by them. I believe this is the first Steamworld game developed by an outside studio, so it'll be a shame if the change is noticeable to players in terms of quality.

Last edited:
I didn't play the demo, but I did look at impressions and my expectations were lowered by them. I believe this is the first Steamworld game developed by an outside studio, so it'll be a shame if the change is noticeable to players in terms of quality.

I'm not sure it's of worse quality than some other Steamworld spin-offs who were okay and charming instead of outstanding and charming like the Digs.

There's a quote from somewhere about life being too short to play 7/10s. I wholeheartedly disagree. Some of my fondest gaming memories are with "imperfect" games that itch particular scratches and a just plain fun to play.

Edge scores seem more realistic and use the full scale. 👏

And ♥️ to A Highland Song.

genuinely shocked Alan Wake II didn't get a perfect score, i remember EDGE's editors being particularly fond of more "artistic" & unique story-focused games like it.

also that Like A Dragon Gaiden rating.... :confused:

There's a quote from somewhere about life being too short to play 7/10s. I wholeheartedly disagree. Some of my fondest gaming memories are with "imperfect" games that itch particular scratches and a just plain fun to play.

Edge scores seem more realistic and use the full scale. 👏

And ♥️ to A Highland Song.

Life's too short to play all or only 9/10s, too. Just gotta pick the right 6/10s.

I'm not sure it's of worse quality than some other Steamworld spin-offs who were okay and charming instead of outstanding and charming like the Digs.
This post is how I found out Steamworld Dig was not the first game in the series

I did not play the demo for SteamWorld Build but was hoping it would be closer to Heist. I guess not.

A Highland Song looked fab in the Indie World and perfect for winter, so that'll go on my list of shorter things to play before the end of the year (which also features Jusant and Cocoon, thanks to GamePass).

I am quietly so bummed that Lamplighters League bombed and gutted Harebrained Schemes.

Back
Top Bottom