• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Do you think GTA VI will come on Switch 2?

Will GTA VI would be on Switch 2?

• Yes at launch

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • Not at launch, but eventually it will come

Votes: 53 41.1%
  • Never

Votes: 65 50.4%

• Total voters

Enpsty

Bob-omb
I know... V still hasn't been on Switch, so why would VI be on Switch 2?
First of all I personally believe the only reason V is still not on Switch is because of its limited storage. Why would LA Noire or RDR be on it while their biggest selling game that could easily run on it isn't? GTA online requires a lot gb storage that Switch lacks.

There's also a huge difference between V and VI. V had already sold millions and millions of copies even before Switch's launch.
VI though will launch in only two skus. And the Xbox Series are in a terrible place right now. So the question is if PS5 alone would be enough to carry its launch?
Of course VI would be an evergreen title, plus there's gonna be the upcoming PC port as well, but based on the rumoured budget R* would need to sale a lot of copies at launch, right?

The biggest question is if Switch 2 would be powerful enough for VI, but if its specs are close to Series S then...maybe?

What do you think?

No. I don't think GTA V or GTAVI will come to Switch 2.

Depends entirely if Rockstar wants to expand GTA. I don’t see it reaching the same heights as GTAV as Xbox is selling less and less each generation.

If they could get it on Switch 2 I can see it sell very well

I don't think its possible, GTA V never released on Switch so that means that GTA VI won't release on Switch 2.

The best i could see Rockstar releasing on Switch 2 is a port of Red Dead Redemption 2, probably in the launch window of the system.

Rockstar did see the potential of Switch very late in it's lifecycle I believe. Sure, they had L.A. Noire in the beginning to test some waters, however GTA Trilogy did actually release in 2021, and Red Dead Redemption 1 did release last year. I do can see a GTA IV port getting a release on Switch 1, en maybe a singleplayer version of GTA V on Switch 2.

I do believe GTA V skipped the Switch mainly Rockstar did saw it's potential too late, and now wants to focus more on GTA VI. The game is a certainty release in next year, while the console is only heavily rumored. I do believe it does can come to Switch 2, but maybe at a later state. I do believe one of the launch games for the system is Red Dead Redemption II however, since Red Dead Redemption 1 was well received in the Nintendo territory.

I do believe Rockstar stated both the GTA trilogy and Red Dead Redemption did well on Switch, but I couldn't find it for certain. Nintendo and Rockstar's relationship did improve however. I still believe Red Dead Redemption was only focused for Switch, since it only launched alongside PS4 instead of PS5. Xbox is a bit lucky that it got BC or what from Xbox360, and have it's online capabilities.

I feel like the trailer alone would probably melt the Switch 2.

Unless they tone down the graphics a lot, no chance.

If Switch 2 has PS4 level hardware, I can potentially see it. I mean RDR2 runs well on base PS4 hardware and that games graphics are top tier.
In which case it would be up to R* whether they want to at that point.

It really depends on how powerful the hardware is more than anything else.

If the hardware is not up to snuff, then no.

I do, however, see GTAV migrating over.

It really depends on the scalability of the game's engine. It originally started off as a PS4 project, if I recall, so the likelihood is that the engine is scalable, but likely won't look quite as good as what we saw in the trailer on the platform (and that's okay). That said, I think it'll come, even if it's not at launch.

I can't imagine for a second GTA VI coming out on Switch 2 when we don't even have GTA IV on Switch 1. I mean, even putting GTAV aside because of online among other reasons, it makes no sense to me that you'd be able to make the effort to port RDR to Switch but not GTA IV.

If anything I'm expecting RDR2 on Switch 2, but what would have been really great, given the Switch's huge installed base, would have been a Switch-specific spin-off, like Rockstar did 20 years ago with GTA Advance.

My pessimism on this subject, and the relative lack, unfortunately, of even vaguely similar proposals on Switch (I loved being able to access LA Noire, for example) make me very keen for Nintendo to one day offer its own take (pun intended) of this type of game, in the same way that Mario Kart is to racing games, Smash to fighting games, Prime to FPS, Splatoon to TPS or even the Mario spin-offs to sports simulations.

I know... V still hasn't been on Switch, so why would VI be on Switch 2?
First of all I personally believe the only reason V is still not on Switch is because of its limited storage. Why would LA Noire or RDR be on it while their biggest selling game that could easily run on it isn't? GTA online requires a lot gb storage that Switch lacks.

There's also a huge difference between V and VI. V had already sold millions and millions of copies even before Switch's launch.
VI though will launch in only two skus. And the Xbox Series are in a terrible place right now. So the question is if PS5 alone would be enough to carry its launch?
Of course VI would be an evergreen title, plus there's gonna be the upcoming PC port as well, but based on the rumoured budget R* would need to sale a lot of copies at launch, right?

The biggest question is if Switch 2 would be powerful enough for VI, but if its specs are close to Series S then...maybe?

What do you think?
2 years later after it launch on PS5 e Xbox series X/S, GTA VI will come to Switch sucessor(and despite this, GTA VI would be heavily compromised on Switch sucessor, GTA VI seen to be a game that could even melt a PS5 Pro).

It's been over for GTAV and honestly I just don't see it changing for Switch 2 and GTAVI.

if they don't it's basically completely reliant on the ps5 since xbox is in free fall everywhere and there's no pc version. which is great for sony, probably not great for take two and the 1 trillion dollars they spent on making this game.

Ha! Some people are expecting Elden Ring to be ''Skyrim'' of the Switch 2 reveal trailer, but watch it be GTA VI instead!

I can imagine Nintendo actually wanting this game on their system, since it would be a cash cow, alongside their first party titles.
If anything I'm expecting RDR2 on Switch 2, but what would have been really great, given the Switch's huge installed base, would have been a Switch-specific spin-off, like Rockstar did 20 years ago with GTA Advance.
Well, yeah, every year I'm thinking why we haven't had a side story game of GTA V. Imagine a different singleplayer story with the same birdeye view of GTA Chinatown Wars in GTA V's world. And with the microgames of car jacking, filling molotov cocktails, scratching lottery cards, etc ofcourse. And then I haven't even touched on the subject of the actual drug dealing business you can do in CW. (Note: I'm not promoting that stuff in real life, okay? Okay.) All of that made CW so good, and I wanted to do that in the world of GTA V so bad. It's really too bad that ain't a thing on a Nintendo Console.

My pessimism on this subject, and the relative lack, unfortunately, of even vaguely similar proposals on Switch (I loved being able to access LA Noire, for example) make me very keen for Nintendo to one day offer its own take (pun intended) of this type of game, in the same way that Mario Kart is to racing games, Smash to fighting games, Prime to FPS, Splatoon to TPS or even the Mario spin-offs to sports simulations.
I believe there is even the relative lack of vaguely similar games of GTA on most platforms. I would've loved to see actual good GTA clones in European parody cities like Paris, Rotterdam, Rome, Madrid or even Tromsø. (since a GTA game in complete winter would be cool)

However, how it would be funny of Nintendo to make a Criminal Action game, I can't see them doing that, even if it meant to drop the heavily criminal things to do. But if they could change F-ZERO from a futuristic racer to an action game where Captain Falcon both participates in F-ZERO races and actual bounty hunting, that would be cool. I'd like to see a modern take of the Retro-Futuristic Mute City, like the one of Mario Kart.

If the hardware is up to, then very likely yes. I don't think Rockstar will be stupid to sit on a potential market.

Game will probably be out at around September 2025 I suppose. So not at launch.

Edit: unless you mean at the game’s launch. Then there’s a 50/50 split chance.

Last edited:
If it can run 60fps on a ps5, which was already below a mig gen gaming pc config 1,5y after its releases, then yes i think that it will for sure.

Rockstar were already talking about providing more support towards nintendo in the future

If Rockstar likes money they will put GTAVI on the Switch 2, simple as that. Especially since they're skipping out on PC at launch. It just makes sense™

The GTA PS2 collection and Red Dead Redemption ports seemed to do really well on Switch. If they can get a stable 30FPS out of it, I think it would be acceptable for most people.

I think it depends entirely on the scalability of the game/engine.
If it's possible for them to recreate an experience they deem acceptable (with no major compromises), I think there is a good chance for it to happen.
But if that's not case, they don't need it. Players will come en masse on whatever platform they release on.
GTAV on the other hand is a low hanging fruit.

Interesting that the thirst for GTA 6 on Switch continues to arise in peoples' minds every few weeks. (Much like my thirst for Bloodborne coming to PC) :(

No, it's never happening, not even once.

GTA VI won't come day and date with PS5/Xbox (it's certainly not making 2025), however I can see it coming to Switch and PC a year or so later, especially if PC is also taking advantage of DLSS 3.x with Nvidia cards.

Either way I won't be getting GTA VI at launch and I'll patiently wait to grab it on Switch 2.

On a tangent, while I don't understand why GTA IV or GTA V haven't made their way to Switch yet (or maybe IV would have if Trilogy didn't bomb), I think it's obvious enough that GTA Online hasn't made its way to Switch because of the overinflated file size and it's their primary money maker. Maybe the only way it could work on Switch is if it were a cloud-version game (which would make the most sense given...it's online only), but that would be super dependent on a strong connection. Still not sure if GTAO would make its way to Switch 2, but I personally wouldn't be getting it myself.

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but now that we know Switch's 2 hardware do you think there's a hope GTA VI would be on it?

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but now that we know Switch's 2 hardware do you think there's a hope GTA VI would be on it?
There’s always hope, since GTA6 I think has the best chance of success in Japan and Asian market if it releases on the Switch 2, mostly because it won’t be on PC at launch.

Answer should be same regardless of the hardware: This will come to the successor if Nintendo is willing to foot the bill. And they'll definitely will, no third party game matter as much as GTA.

Leak says they're already instrumental in bringing Baldur's Gate 3. GTA is much bigger than BG.

Kit and Krysta once said iirc that Nintendo was "always chasing Rockstar" or something along the lines. I wouldn't be surprised if they helped publish/fund a version of GTA VI for the Switch 2 as long as it's technically feasible.

I mean, let's be real, GTA VI has the capacity to be the biggest video game launch of all time. Even though this type of game isn't typically associated with Nintendo, I think they understand the valuable of having it on their platform. People would kill for a handheld version of this game, especially if it launched alongside the PS/Xbox versions. I think a Switch 2 version would sell very well.

I’d be surprised if GTA 6 ever comes out. I doubt that Rockstar has the ability to manage such a huge project over the finish line at this point.

I’d be surprised if GTA 6 ever comes out. I doubt that Rockstar has the ability to manage such a huge project over the finish line at this point.
Nintendo will definitely help bringing such big game. To any extent. Don't forget, they were involved in bringing both GTA Trilogy and Red Dead Redemption to Switch, physical versions of both were published by Nintendo.

Pretty sure GTA Trilogy sold well on Switch, which was why they brought over Red Dead Redemption. It'll come but not at launch
With previous Nintendo home consoles there wasn't much of an audience for GTA games. Now there is, so i don't see why not.

Rockstar have always been PlayStation first the rest can wait.

Xbox only gets them day and date because the hardware is usually equal to the current PlayStation.

Even PC has to wait around 2 years.

My opinion is the same, if it comes out it will minimum 1 year later than PS5/XBSeries releases.

I think it will because of the following reasons:

1. Rockstar told 1,5y ago that they are going to support nintendo much stronger as the sales are really well. Also the reason why they released rdr1 remaster on the switch already.
2. Gta 6 runs at 60fps on a ps5. The rumors of the switch 2 is near a xbox series s power. Knowing that the cartridge they are going to use will be able to have the full game on a cartridge is also good to know. So even if it would not be able to run it at 60fps (which i think should be possible with dlss and lower texture resolution), it will still be able to run it at 30 fps.

Based on the rumors and based on the ps4 vs ps5 graphical games, i'm 100% sure (if rumors are valid) that the switch 2 won't have any issue to play any game that is released on ps5 or pc today.

I think it will because of the following reasons:

1. Rockstar told 1,5y ago that they are going to support nintendo much stronger as the sales are really well. Also the reason why they released rdr1 remaster on the switch already.
2. Gta 6 runs at 60fps on a ps5. The rumors of the switch 2 is near a xbox series s power. Knowing that the cartridge they are going to use will be able to have the full game on a cartridge is also good to know. So even if it would not be able to run it at 60fps (which i think should be possible with dlss and lower texture resolution), it will still be able to run it at 30 fps.

Based on the rumors and based on the ps4 vs ps5 graphical games, i'm 100% sure (if rumors are valid) that the switch 2 won't have any issue to play any game that is released on ps5 or pc today.
2. No it doesn't. More like 30FPS. Some people think PS5 Pro might be able to run 60FPS, but more than likely not if its a CPU issue.

Back
Top Bottom