• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion do you get confused for another ethnicity

do you get confused for another ethnicity

• yes

• no

• they get it kinda right and kinda wrong (i'm mixed)

Results are only viewable after voting.

samouraï

pretty darn cute
Banned
both of my parents are mexican (one is half native, the other is white), but lately some of my friends have been saying i look japanese. what about you

Also Mexican. I get Native American a lot (cheekbones and hair) which isn't entirely wrong, but I don't know enough about my family past my grandparents to claim it.

Yep used to get called Mexican a lot (I’m Puerto Rican). My wife (also Puerto Rican) got called Russian once…

People automatically jump to Italian, but I’m like 1/4 Spanish-Colombian.

Dutch person here, people often think that i'm Swedish/Norwegian. Probably because of the blonde hair and blue eyes...

Mexican, get confused for white overboard and sometimes Italian, which has lead people to do some comments I consider racists and some awkward conversations (specially with co-workers), I have become better in explaining and have these conversations in a more calmed, understanding manner than full blown aggression as I used to do.

Chilenian, i see that in most cases in this thread has been a matter of looks, but in my case my voice gets me confused with a bunch of other countries (Mexico, USA, etc), probably because I watched cartoons as a kid and the dub voices stuck with me.

Last edited:
I'm British, but everyone thinks I'm Asian because of my eye shape.

I've even had people shout things like 'ching chong chinaman' at me in the street and stuff.

Just a little peak behind the curtain of what minorities have to endure everyday, and the lingering worry that some situations could turn violent. Keeps me honest.

Back
Top Bottom