• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Fun Club Disney/Lucasfilm, it is great that you are re-release classic Star Wars games, but there is a very important trilogy of games that is still absent

Josh5890

Yoshi
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
superswt.jpg

These three gems have been missing for the longest time. Super Star Wars received a PS4/Xbox One port many years ago, but they stopped there. Come on! These were a big part of my childhood. Let me re-experience them again!

I support your cause, if only because these games were made for a rewind feature, especially Empire Strikes Back, brrrr.

Maybe NSO will get the trilogy on May the 4th.

It feels like a missed opportunity that Lucasfilm never hired WayForward or some other indie dev to make "Super" pixel art adaptations of the prequel and sequel trilogies.

Super Star Wars: The Phantom Menace
Super Star Wars: Attack Of The Clones
Super Star Wars: Revenge Of The Sith

Super Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Super Star Wars: The Last Jedi
Super Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker

Last edited:
That's a weird way to spell "Rogue Squadron".

/jk, I'd like to see all three gmes available again too. I always thought as a kid that Factor 5 worked on these games but nope.

Never heard of these games, but for some reason Super Star Wars for the Super Nintendo is the funniest title ever. I hope whoever came up with these got themselves a raise back in the day.

Shadows of the Empire for N64 would be nice as well.
I'd like to see a remaster à la Shadow Man by Nightdive, where they massively improved the controls of the original.

Shadows of the Empire is a nice but very flawed game because of how aiming works. It could be much better (and also add some checkpoints and/or being able to save during missions).

Never heard of these games, but for some reason Super Star Wars for the Super Nintendo is the funniest title ever. I hope whoever came up with these got themselves a raise back in the day.

So, a lot of publishers added Super to the name of their games back in the Super Nintendo days. Konami went from Castlevania 3 on the NES to Super Castlevania 4 on the SNES. Capcom went from Ghouls and Ghost to Super Ghouls and Ghosts. Everyone wanted you to know that you were playing with SUPER POWER.

It feels like a missed opportunity that Lucasfilm never hired WayForward or some other indie dev to make "Super" pixel art adaptations of the prequel and sequel trilogies.

licensing costs though...

I never knew I wanted this until now. Great idea!

Agreed.

I'm also of the mind that all three original Lego Star Wars games should be remastered and ported to modern consoles. The GOAT Lego games.

Shadows of the Empire for N64 would be nice as well.

I'm surprised that Shadows of the Empire and Rogue Squadron haven't been released on consoles yet.

I know they can be purchased on Steam, but I want to play them on my consoles.

The first one got re-released for PS4/Vita back then:

It came directly from Disney. Maybe they'll re-release it with the two others (and Indiana Jones)? But now it seems more like a Limited Run Games job with their Carbon Engine.

It would be very cool for those to come back

I'd also like to see Rogue Squadron, Rogue Leader, and Rebel Strike

The Rogue Squadron games were my entire jam back in the day

I played a lot of the Return of the Jedi game as a kid without ever beating it. I do think I made it to the final boss (emperor Palpatine?), but remember it being devastatingly difficult. Would be fun to revisit.

They're great, but surely it has to be Rogue Squadron, Rogue Leader, and Rebel Strike?

(god I wish Lucasfilm would make a starfighter pilot Disney+ show instead of Jedi, Jedi and more Jedi)

Back
Top Bottom