• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion Did you know you can play the entirety of Pikmin 2 with 4 players now?

Stopdoor

????
I made a thread about a Pikmin 2 mod a few months ago but I feel like people here aren't aware how much Pikmin 2 modding is kind of popping off these days

You can now play the battle mode with 4 players using this awesome new mod

- and if you find the latest release, 1.1.0 or 1.2.0 (in beta), whole new maps are being added to the game, along with some competitive balance changes and config settings. The README says it's console compatible if you play 2v2 with 2 onions, but I just upgraded my PC recently and some of these new hacks are taking advantage of emulation to overclock the game.

I also signed up for an online tournament that's running right now using the new hack - you can see me get absolutely crushed here by the creator of the mod lol

It's tuned for competition with some changes like buried home marbles and restricted spray counts and the ability to carry some objects, but it seems like enemy/cherry generation is still something out of mod control so there's still some frustrating RNG mechanics at play šŸ˜©

Along with that, you can also play the whole story mode co-operatively using an older mod! (finding current versions of this stuff is a bit of a pain of following Youtube and Discord links, latest is v2.2)

And I might as well also mention Colossal Caverns (latest is v2.3), a mod that randomizes a single-layer cave with every enemy and treasure in the game - something you can also co-op with 4 players if your emulation is beefy enough!

This is honestly the tip of the iceberg on what's going on now - there's some other wild stuff like endless cave mods, Pikmin 1 being remade in Pikmin 2, all-new story mode levels, etc. Have y'all heard about this stuff? It's honestly kind of a dream and I'm amazed how much has been made compared to some other games.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom