• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Fun Club Did You Know Gaming has revealed the planned story outline for Sonic Chronicles 2 (+ the truth behind Sister Sonic)

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They

Spoiler: the Ken Penders legal drama was the reason it got cancelled, as previously rumoured.

the Sister Sonic stuff is also major, as it confirms the game was never intended to be just a western localization of Popful Mail. but a worldwide reformulation of it for the SEGA CD, the part about it getting canned due to backlash is real though, albeit it wasn't international fans that caused it.

Interesting in both cases.

I actually wonder how much the entire Ken Penders thing has shaped Sonic games afterwards. It's clear they got spooked about using any other Echidna-based characters after that.

Sonic Chronicles was my legit guilty pleasure when it came out. The sequel hook at the end actually made me hyped for the second game lolol

Back
Top Bottom