• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

PlayStation Concord [PS5/PC] Beta- July 12th-14th & 18th-21st | Release Date- August 23rd | $40 Standard/$60 Deluxe

Josh5890

Yoshi
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
ccb6da70b4a6395bfd0b4b491d114b57da282be3.png

When it launches in August, Concord will debut in a standard edition (available in both physical and digital versions for $39.99 / £34.99 / €39.99 / ¥4,480 MSRP) that provides the full Concord experience, including all 16 playable Freegunners, 12 unique maps set on various worlds, and six distinct team-based game modes, which will expand shortly after launch with regular, post-launch updates for all players at no additional cost.

53771594350_384c720f18_4k.jpg

Alongside the Standard Edition, we will also have a Digital Deluxe Edition ($59.99 / £49.99 / €59.99 / ¥6,480 MSRP) that includes additional cosmetics to personalize your Freegunner crew and, for those eager to jump in and play, early access to Concord when it launches this August. The Digital Deluxe Edition will grant up to 72 hours of early access before Concord’s global launch on August 23. It also includes the Northstar Freegunner’s cosmetics pack, which grants you 16 Northstar themed Freegunner outfits; one for each of the 16 playable Freegunners available at launch.

Rumored Game Modes:

Trophy Hunt – Work together as a team to find and collect tokens from fallen rival crew members. The crew with the most points wins the match.

Takedown – Earn points as you and your crew take out rival freegunners each round. The crew with the most points wins.

Zone Control – Capture and control three zones on the map. The more zones your team controls, the more points you earn and the closer your crew gets to victory.

Conflict – Find the selected zone on the map and defend it to claim victory – or eliminate the rival crew before they have the chance.

Signal Hunt – Work with others to find and control new zones on the map before time runs out.Cargo Contract – Secure valuable cargo for pickup or intercept and eliminate the rival crew to bring home the victory.

Last edited:
I'm upset that this game doesn't feature the best Concorde ... Brave Concorde.

88eb0de5-b68c-4a06-898c-48b0af442a62_thumb.jpg

Every single one of this game's competitors are free to play and said competitors include the monster that is Overwatch and the upcoming game with Marvel characters.

Sony should be less afraid of free to play if they are serious about GAAS pushes.

Pretty sad that this is really Playstation's future. This is the kind of games that are getting most funding from Sony now according to their strategy reports. Makes Nintendo's prospects better though, Sony will offer no competition at all when it comes to new, single player games. 60 % of their game budgets are dedicated to GAAS, and that will probably be raised to 80 % in a few years time.

This game is DOA. I don’t see much interest or hype in this at all, and everything about it looks like it was made by a committee or ChatGPT.

When you have Kraven and motherfuckin' Concord releasing in the same year:

game looks like absolute piss. i expect it to be shut down by holiday next year.

also thought this was FTP lol. $40 is...an ask, that's for sure.

This game would've looked painfully generic even five years ago, but in 2024? Uhh...

Still shocked they gave it such a prominent spotlight in the SoP.

This game would've looked painfully generic even five years ago, but in 2024? Uhh...

Still shocked they gave it such a prominent spotlight in the SoP.
they probably don't have much to showcase this year.

Also 5v5 hero shooters are sadly unbelievably popular, heck even Valve is making one. I wouldn't be surprised if this was slightly successful, when it comes to casual players, but who knows maybe it's dead on arrival

they probably don't have much to showcase this year.

Also 5v5 hero shooters are sadly unbelievably popular, heck even Valve is making one. I wouldn't be surprised if this was slightly successful, when it comes to casual players, but who knows maybe it's dead on arrival
Hey, if it actually turns out pretty good and resonates with an audience, good for the devs. I'm not optimistic about that prospect in the long term, but I guess we'll see how things pan out.

This is one of the few times I’d be okay with a company binning a game and just taking the tax write off.

I am really curious how this plays. I am not that much into hero shooters but will try the BETA before writing this off. Helldivers II in the end also became a success.

Considering the very tepid initial reaction(an understatement) and the fact that its not F2P like many of its PvP shooter contemporaries, seems like the game is starting on the back foot and that's very bad for a MP game like this. Marketing and generating enthusiasm for game of this genre is very based on early good vibes.
It's especially concerning for the team since the game will be not be playable for a little bit and the internet will have enough time to meme and influence people's thought about the game.

I’ll go against the grain and predict that Concord is actually going to be a success. Whatever that means. I think the $40 move is smart and it worked well for Helldivers 2. Online shooters aren’t my genre anymore so I won’t be buying it, but I don’t think it looks bad at all. The gameplay looks good. And I like the idea of the weekly story segments.

I have no idea if it'll be a success or whatever but I have a friend who is big into hero shooters who is super excited for this game and while I don't really pay much attention to this genre, I just really like playing stuff with my friends lol so I'm probably going to pick it up to that end. I think it looks pretty fun though looking at the gameplay they released, it looks quite nice art wise, gameplay looks solid, I like that one of the characters look like they pretty much play like a Destiny warlock hah. I don't know, I get the general cynicism towards live service games right now, they aren't really my bread and butter either, but this seems like a pretty solid looking high budget game with a business model that isn't looking to drain my wallet. At worst I would shrug at this game as not my cup of tea and move on.

Back
Top Bottom