• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Sales Data Circana (NPD) May 2023: #1 Tears of the Kingdom; NSW #1 Units + Revenue, PS5 #2 Units + Revenue

I really dislike that they took away the platform specific charts. Always enjoyed seeing the top Nintendo chart. I know it was taken away months ago but still bitter.

Last edited:
I don't know how much it will matter in the long run when Sony and Nintendo start releasing more titles.

The Wii U had good games too by the middle of its life cycle, but by then, the competition was already upped to a point it couldn't stave off the momentum with any quality title.

Its not just about quality, but about the string of quality while your competition puts out their best.
its starfield lol. its going to sell 30 million copies.

Circana's reporting is getting meh tbh. In a few months it will just share top5 sellers and top console ofthe month...

Crazy. If 2023-2024 FY can sell 15 million Switch Gen 1, end of March 2024 will be at 140 million units total. After that Nintendo stop V2 production & slash price for the Lite ($150) & OLED ($250-$300) to get another 16 million units to pass PS2 sales with 156 million units. CRAZY ❤

Last edited:
I don't know how much it will matter in the long run when Sony and Nintendo start releasing more titles.

The Wii U had good games too by the middle of its life cycle, but by then, the competition was already upped to a point it couldn't stave off the momentum with any quality title.

Its not just about quality, but about the string of quality while your competition puts out their best.
Sony's 1st party output looks absolutely dire after Spiderman. Their AAA blockbusters games are just taking too long to make, they're only going to be able to pump out one Naughty Dog game this generation for instance.

Starfield will sell predominantly on PC but will give Xbox a large boost too. A mainline Bethesda game is worth a handful of Sony's 1st party prestige games.

I wonder about the supplementary sales certain games earn on top of their base sales, things like amiibo, soundtracks, merch, basically anything aside from micro transactions. It feels like Zelda pushes a lot beyond just game sales, and even game series like Persona and Xenoblade seem to do well with OST releases, art books, and figurines. Would be interesting to see a fuller picture of revenue generated by a game in this way, though it would be hard to track.

I wonder about the supplementary sales certain games earn on top of their base sales, things like amiibo, soundtracks, merch, basically anything aside from micro transactions. It feels like Zelda pushes a lot beyond just game sales, and even game series like Persona and Xenoblade seem to do well with OST releases, art books, and figurines. Would be interesting to see a fuller picture of revenue generated by a game in this way, though it would be hard to track.

where that Zelda mixed media at! Nintendo really needs to get the Zelda comic duo to do an original Zelda story

Back
Back
Top Bottom