• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion Best Colour Switch Lite?

What is your favorite Switch Lite color?

• Gray

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Turquoise

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • Yellow

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • Coral Pink

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • Blue (Indigo)

Votes: 32 41.6%

• Total voters

N64 Peach

Cappy
Pronouns
They/Them
brighten-up_4

What do you think is the best colour of choice for Switch Lite?

I’m leaning on either Indigo GBA Blue or Coral Pink.

Are we not including the special editions?

If not, it's definitely dark blue. Imma judge anyone who says yellow because it looks like pee.
Yeah, I was originally going to include those in the poll but just left it for the basic colour choices

The Zelda one is the best by far. The Pokemon one is the second-best. Indigo is the best non-special edition version.

I voted Turquoise. I always liked that color.

Of course this thread pops up right as I once again ponder buying a Switch Lite just so I can comfortably play some Switch games in bed while leaving my launch Switch docked. The temptation to make an unnecessary purchase...

Last edited:
I had bought the indigo lite and it looks good, I'm happy with it. Although I wanted the yellow one but only if I would have swapped the buttons and d-pad and sticks for some dark gray ones so it would look like the Gameboy Pocket I had when I was younger.

Edit: Also I tend to call it purple more than blue. Am I wrong?

I have yellow and I like it, but it was the only one available. I'd have gotten coral pink if I could. So I guess I'm voting that.

I think all but the gray one are nice. I just find gray boring when you can instead go for blue or turquoise.

🌃 I voted Coral but two other people in my head think yellow so I'm probably outvoted. Also if yoUr wee looks like that, drink more water. It's honey colour or daisy colour, it's a good colour.

tough choice between turquoise and yellow. I had to force myself not to buy a Switch Lite since the colours are so cute. But there is literally no good reason to own one if you already have a regular switch. Even less so if you have an OLED. But they are very cute.

EDIT: It is actually wild to me that blue is winning. Purple is my favourite colour and the only one I think is worse than the blue one is the grey one. And both of those are faaaaaaaaaaaaaaar behind the other three. Is it some kind of Gamecube nostalgia or something?

The blue annoys me because it's so close to being GameCube purple but doesn't go all the way. I honestly don't really like any of the colors. I think it's the white buttons.

Dialga/Palkia edition is truly the best if we include special editions.

I don't even like Pokemon but that's the one I'd get if I was in the market for a Switch Lite. The Zelda one looks nice too.

Out of the colors, turquoise just feels right to me, so that would be my pick.

If not, it's definitely dark blue. Imma judge anyone who says yellow because it looks like pee.
I... I don't understand people. Dark blue is the most boring.
I like coral most (even if it was probably only this colour cause it was Pantone's colour of the year), then blue and yellow (and I usually don't like yellow in products). The grey is a tad to bright to fall under "boring grey" and falls more in the "stone gray" then the "neutral tech gray" area for me. The blue? It has a tiny hint of purple, but mostly it looks like a console.

(Highly irrational and subjective, I know)

(Except if your pee is this yellow ... God you need to a) Drink more and b ) if that doesn't help check your kidneys)

I voted Turquoise. I always liked that color.

Of course this thread pops up right as I once again ponder buying a Switch Lite just so I can comfortably play some Switch games in bed while leaving my launch Switch docked. The temptation to make an unnecessary purchase...
But...how much work is...taking it out of the dock?
The thought of managing saves between 2 switches seems just waaay more hustle... And needs a subscription.

The thought of managing saves between 2 switches seems just waaay more hustle... And needs a subscription.
If you find the every so slight creaking of joy-con annoying then a Switch Lite is a big upgrade, given the controls are part of the system itself. Unfortunately once the OLED came out that made the Lite something of a downgrade.

I've actually contemplated buying a Switch Lite recently, and during that short time I was mostly decided on the dark blue one. Turquoise also looks cool, but I think it wouldn't age as gracefully.

I've basically never taken my Switch out of its dock since March 3, 2017. I would not be shocked if the battery life is shot at this point. As Belinda Blumenthal mentions below, I'd prefer built-in controls over the Joy-Con attachments. I also already have the subscription and will probably indefinitely. I also find the size of the Switch Lite much more appealing to hold from a portable perspective. What I'm honestly looking for is to replicate the nostalgic experience of playing GBA and DS, and the upcoming release of Ace Attorney Investigations has me thinking of those DS Ace Attorney play sessions 20 years ago. I'd probably play some games exclusively on my Lite (the Ace Attorney games, various 2D platformers, maybe the upcoming Mario & Luigi, etc.) and other games exclusively on my docked Switch. I don't know that I'd switch between them often.

But, ALL of that said, as I think we both know, it's kind of an absurd purchase. That's exactly why I've been tempted but haven't bought one for almost 5 years now. Just an urge I deal with every now and then.

If you find the every so slight creaking of joy-con annoying then a Switch Lite is a big upgrade, given the controls are part of the system itself. Unfortunately once the OLED came out that made the Lite something of a downgrade.

I get the appeal of the switch lite, that's not what's confusing me
I've basically never taken my Switch out of its dock since March 3, 2017. I would not be shocked if the battery life is shot at this point. As Belinda Blumenthal mentions below, I'd prefer built-in controls over the Joy-Con attachments. I also already have the subscription and will probably indefinitely. I also find the size of the Switch Lite much more appealing to hold from a portable perspective. What I'm honestly looking for is to replicate the nostalgic experience of playing GBA and DS, and the upcoming release of Ace Attorney Investigations has me thinking of those DS Ace Attorney play sessions 20 years ago. I'd probably play some games exclusively on my Lite (the Ace Attorney games, various 2D platformers, maybe the upcoming Mario & Luigi, etc.) and other games exclusively on my docked Switch. I don't know that I'd switch between them often.

But, ALL of that said, as I think we both know, it's kind of an absurd purchase. That's exactly why I've been tempted but haven't bought one for almost 5 years now. Just an urge I deal with every now and then.
But even with the subscription, when I cared for it I regularly checked and saw that the backup is behind. It will never be a "ok it's instantly synced" case, so I would need to check and redownload it. Overall way longer then just taking it out of the dock. It would annoy me to hell and back.

If anybody does this, I would really like to know how annoying it really is

The Zelda ones my favourite. Beyond that, probably one of the Pokémon ones…

I’m interested to know if people here prefer the SwSh edition or the BDSP edition? I think I prefer the SwSh edition simply due to the differently coloured joysticks/buttons

I get the appeal of the switch lite, that's not what's confusing me

But even with the subscription, when I cared for it I regularly checked and saw that the backup is behind. It will never be a "ok it's instantly synced" case, so I would need to check and redownload it. Overall way longer then just taking it out of the dock. It would annoy me to hell and back.

If anybody does this, I would really like to know how annoying it really is
Huh, that surprises me. On my current Switch, I noticed it backs up my saves to the cloud almost immediately after I close the game.

Huh, that surprises me. On my current Switch, I noticed it backs up my saves to the cloud almost immediately after I close the game.
And does it then synchs them right away to the other one?

But goody maybe they improved it (last time I was annoyed is 2-3 years ago), should check it again.

Then again, I sporadically have an subscription, most of the time I don't have one.

And does it then synchs them right away to the other one?

But goody maybe they improved it (last time I was annoyed is 2-3 years ago), should check it again.

Then again, I sporadically have an subscription, most of the time I don't have one.
Unsure about the other one. That's what I can't check. Seems like you had a frustrating experience, though, and that sucks. Hopefully they've improved that for people with multiple consoles.

Last edited:
Unsure about the other one. That's what I can't check. Seems like you had a frustrating experience, though, and that sucks. Hopefully they've improved that for people with multiple models.
It wasn't that much of a problem (just a single model), was just annoying that the upload took some time and manual triggering sometimes when backups was the reason back then for the subscription (my fan was dying, so I was worried to lose my saves... By now I replaced it and it's fine)

I'm a sucker for the Gray tbh

then Coral

then Turquoise / Yellow tie

then Indigo dead last for me

Turquoise is nice, but I also really like the yellow. I remember being split between the two when they came out (though I wasn't buying one regardless lol).

Just about every special edition Lite has been fire, too.

The yellow doesn't remind me of pee whatsoever. Pee tends to get darker before it becomes that saturated.

I've basically never taken my Switch out of its dock since March 3, 2017. I would not be shocked if the battery life is shot at this point.
Your battery should hold up fine; the idea that sitting at a full charge degrades the battery isn't quite a myth, but it is way overblown. The thing that causes the most wear on a Lithium-Ion battery is charging when near full (the 80%-100% range, in particular). My launch Switch that spent probably 85%-90% of its life in the dock before being replaced by an OLED in 2021 has probably degraded much more than one that spent 95%-99%, but it still gets over 90% of its rated capacity.

Automatically uploading saves is a setting within the Switch; I believe it's enabled automatically, but I'm not positive, so it's possible you just had it disabled. It generally uploads right away when enabled, but you need to remember to actually close the software; the Switch OS will not manipulate the save file of a running game in any capacity. If you're someone who tends to suspend games in sleep mode, it'll never trigger until you switch games or close the game for some other reason. In my experience, though, it's behaved well when enabled since the feature launched in 2018.

Automatically downloading saves is disabled by default, and wasn't even an option until 11.0.0 (released November 30th 2020). This tends to work well when enabled, though isn't necessarily always going to be instant; however, if you have an active Internet connection, launching the game will trigger a save data check on the spot, and you'll get an alert with an option to not launch the game if the local save was out of date. It also has good conflict detection; if you ignore a save data prompt and play an out of date version, their system is always able to tell and won't automatically upload or download until you manually specify which save to overwrite. (You'll also get a prompt every time you launch that game at this point if you have automatic downloads on.)

You can also turn on more granular controls if you wish, specifying automatic uploads and downloads on a per-game basis. I generally only use this for games with modded content on my modded Switch that would mess with the save data; however, you could also use this to keep different saves of a specific game if you wanted to without interfering with cloud save functionality for the rest. I have been using cloud saves while bouncing between my OLED and my modded launch unit for TTYD as I experiment with 60 fps mods, and save data has just floated between the two without manual intervention.

Back
Top Bottom