• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Fun Club beloved cult classic platformer character Kao the Kangaroo has been fused with Yooka, for some reason.

Who is the better protag?

• Kao

• Yooka

• Chris Pratt as Mario

Results are only viewable after voting.

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They
Kao-the-Kangaroo_2022_10-27-22_005-768x432.jpg

yooka isn't supposed to wield boxing gloves, yet here we are.

the bigger news is that you can now buy a bundle containing the recent reboot of Kao (which this costume is free DLC for.) and the underappreciated first installment of the Yooka-Laylee series at a 20% discount.

Just popping in to say I am still excitedly waiting for a Yooka-Laylee sequel. Yes, The Impossible Lair exists and it was awesome, but I hope there is a 3-D sequel on the horizon.

Horrendous.

I feel like Playtonic has been working really hard to cheapen Yooka and Laylee as much as possible.

Just popping in to say I am still excitedly waiting for a Yooka-Laylee sequel. Yes, The Impossible Lair exists and it was awesome, but I hope there is a 3-D sequel on the horizon.
The same here. With 3 years from IL, I hope they have been working on a big new 3D game. Working and improving on what they did with the first one can be glorious.

The same here. With 3 years from IL, I hope they have been working on a big new 3D game. Working and improving on what they did with the first one can be glorious.

Maybe you've already heard it but they did confirm they are working on a direct sequel as a 3D Platformer

"The sizeable investment will allow the studio to more than double its headcount, expand to three development teams and create more games, one of which will be a sequel to the 2017 3D platform game: Yooka-Laylee."

I remember Kao getting like a 2/10 from Nintendo Power, is it actually an decent game?

I think it's really wonderful that Yooka (and occasionally Laylee) are getting cameos or appearances in other indie games, because the characters are very well-designed. It helps that they are introduced within an indie environment so their inclusion in other games likely have a lower barrier of entry. They might not have the same love as Banjo-Kazooie (who got into Smash, so they are already objectively loved), but in some ways I feel that they are treated really well. Looking forward to Yooka-Laylee's future.

Thank you for reading.

Back
Top Bottom