• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Previews Bayonetta Origins: Cereza and the Lost Demon | Preview Thread

mazi

picross pundit

Looks to be positive, wonder how it will do.

I’m sure Nintendo and platinum have realistic expectations

Watched the GVG preview, I'm just glad it appears to be smoother in this gameplay snippet compared to the small demo in Bayo 3. It wasn't terrible but I knew there was room for more polish.

Still intrigued about this game and curious to see how it may actually open up.

i hope its a hit for them (or at least not a fail), but it does not speak to me, even a bit.
Im just not invested enough in the world to be interested in a lore/storybook game, i played those games for the spectacle and the sublime battle system.

It certainly looks cute, the music's pretty good as well. Not sure about the mechanical side of things yet, first impressions videos make it look a bit simplistic. Curious as to how it'll ultimately end up, but I'm certainly interested!

Color me very, very intrigued from these early impressions. I doubt I'll pick it up at launch, as it releases one week before RE4 Remake and while I'm continuing to clear my Hi-Fi Rush/Tunic/Bayonetta 3/ALttP backlog before TotK, but I would easily pick this up for $40 or so on a sale, or during a slow period. Zelda meets Josef Fares in Bayonetta wrapping? I'm in.

It certainly looks cute, the music's pretty good as well. Not sure about the mechanical side of things yet, first impressions videos make it look a bit simplistic. Curious as to how it'll ultimately end up, but I'm certainly interested!

If you actually read the impressions, the game seems to be rather complex in terms of gameplay mechanics.

Ordered it a while ago, I have complete faith in Platinum producing a fun game. Price seems a bit high going just by the demo, but still. Exciting times ahead!

I was initially turned off because I don't care for Bayonetta but these previews are getting me interested.

Like if it was a totally new IP called Cereza and the Lost Demon from Nintendo and Platinum I would be all over it, but the Bayonetta name made me ignore it at first lol.

Still not sure if it looks like an $80 game to me though. Seems fairly simple and I imagine won't be particularly long / replayable. I'll wait to see what the reviews say on those points.

Very much looking forward to more of Cereza's story. Artstyle really makes me think of Madoka Magica.
I would love if this elaborates on the ending of 3 in some way.

i get a "its a great game, but a little bit short and "simple" for a full price game, wait for a sale" vibe from it.
Hope it sells well enough.

i get a "its a great game, but a little bit short and "simple" for a full price game, wait for a sale" vibe from it.
Hope it sells well enough.
Is it confirmed to be full price? After the shadow drop of HI-FI Rush at "half price" I was kinda hopping that this one would be 40 instead of 60

edit: I see it's 60 you can even pre order

Last edited:
I honestly can’t believe that this is a full priced game, it looks like an e-shop title only to me. Especially compared to Hi-Fi Rush that is literally half the price of this game. This game is gonna be a major flop.

It's 45€ at the likes of Mediamarkt and Amazon at the moment, fwiw

It is? I guess not in Germany because I've been keeping an eye on those and amazon.de has been trying to get preorders for ,€70 and as far as I can tell Mediamarkt/Saturn haven't started taking preorders, yet but have it listed for €60.

If it's cheaper somewhere, I'd love to jump on that though!

speaks for itself. maybe some have it somewhere for cheaper, but it is a full price release.

you sure it's not because of the steelbook? It's 46.99€ on the spanish version of the site

fake edit: scratch that, Amazon.it also lists it as a 70€ release, and it doesn't include the steelbook. Mediamarkt.de too.

you sure it's not because of the steelbook? It's 46.99€ on the spanish version of the site

fake edit: scratch that, Amazon.it also lists it as a 70€ release, and it doesn't include the steelbook. Mediamarkt.de too.
a steelbook is usually either a "free" amazon add on or 10€ more, not 30€ more.
either way, on price comparison sites its from 55-70, so in the same range as other first party games.

Back
Top Bottom