• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Avatar: The Last Airbender - Quest For Balance | Out Now - Launch Trailer

aus89

Koopa
Pronouns
He/Him

via IGN: Get your first look at Avatar: The Last Airbender: Quest for Balance, the upcoming action-adventure from Bamtang Games (Nickelodeon Kart Racers, MMPR: Mega Battle) and Game Mill Entertainment that will let you play solo or in two-player local or online co-op as your choice of nine different Avatar: The Last Airbender characters. Quest for Balance will be released later this year for all major platforms (PC, Nintendo Switch, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S).

Only other Avatar Game I can think of right now is that Platinum one which was about Korra... and not so great šŸ¤£

This could potentially be the greatest Avatar: The Last Airbender game ever... if only because so far that's a very low bar to clear.

My expectations are low but my hopes are high

pleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegood

I think this is the third console Avatar series game? I Remember the first back during the 6th generation and a launch title for the Wii here in NA.

I'll keep an eye on it but low expectations as well.

Release Date - September 22nd
Not sure this has been mentioned anywhere but the game is releasing Sept 22nd per Aussie retailers
9bdcbf4a55a647f1b6806a1bd9b1e432_Large.jpg

Only other Avatar Game I can think of right now is that Platinum one which was about Korra... and not so great šŸ¤£
There's a couple on and 3DS which I think I tried?
But I don't remember anything about them so, so yeah Korra is probably the best one, it had nice base combat mechanics atleast.

Everything else? Yeah not so great, not a high bar to clear.

It's a bit disappointing to see all the complaints about the graphics in the comments of that trailer, it's like the only thing gamers care about these days. Conceptually, it seems really faithful to the original show and I look forward to playing it. Action-Adventure games are my jam!

It's a bit disappointing to see all the complaints about the graphics in the comments of that trailer, it's like the only thing gamers care about these days. Conceptually, it seems really faithful to the original show and I look forward to playing it. Action-Adventure games are my jam!
Yeah. The graphics ainā€™t that bad. This is something I could pick up just for fun, because the series is great and to play with my boyfriend

I think many people just don't know how to artoculate themselves.

Graphically this looks good.
I just think that in motion it's noticably lower budget in how the character animations transition into each other and the general production values of the trailer.

I hope ot turns out alright, but Avatar is sich a good show it just deserves more.

Not sure. Did you see the animations? The animation for Toph lifting the Rock just looks absolutelly budget. I enjoy old PS2 games and have nothing against their graphic and all. But this game just LOOKS low budget and not even trying to make it look good. Avatar just deserves more.

I think many people just don't know how to artoculate themselves.

Graphically this looks good.
I just think that in motion it's noticably lower budget in how the character animations transition into each other and the general production values of the trailer.

I hope ot turns out alright, but Avatar is sich a good show it just deserves more.

Not sure. Did you see the animations? The animation for Toph lifting the Rock just looks absolutelly budget. I enjoy old PS2 games and have nothing against their graphic and all. But this game just LOOKS low budget and not even trying to make it look good. Avatar just deserves more.

To be clear, I understand that perspective and agree that the animation quality isn't the best, but I also feel that the claims about the animation are exaggerated; the animations are serviceable and convey the movements that they're supposed to convey. Not everything is going to use high fidelity, motion-matching animation. I would be happier to have higher quality animations, but nothing I've seen is actually equivalent to the animation quality typically found in the PS1/PS2/Wii era, so I find it hard to take the complaints seriously.

It seems like people want a high-budget Avatar game, and while that would be nice, I'm just happy that we have something that seems faithful to the source material and looks fun. It very easily could have been the opposite situation where it's high-budget but strays too far from the source material (as we've seen with many AAA licensed games), so I'm glad that doesn't seem to be the case here.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom