• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Rumour Atlus apparently remaking Persona 3

Rimgal

I’m So Embarrassed. I Wish Everybody Else Was Dead
This comes from Resetera, so I'm not sure if there is interest in talking about this or how legit it is.
Just thought it would be a interesting topic.

The user lolilolailo replies with "It is." after someone questions if Persona 3 Remake is even real.

This user have been vetted by the mods and have leaked Persona 5 on gamepass prior.

Wouldn’t be bad news, Persona 3 is a kinda rough game to play right now. And if it’s real, hope it’ll be released on the Switch!

I've said it before but it's going to be hilarious that Atlus went through the work of porting P3P, P4G, and P5R to Xbox, Switch, and PC just for the Persona 3 remake and Persona 6 to be Playstation exclusive.

very cool of them to port Persona 3 (Portable) around while maybe working on a full-on remake of Persona 3. Not that it couldn’t use it, it just… calls in question the necessity of that port.

tbh I’d be happier if they ported those PSP remakes of Personas 1, 2 and 2 to modern consoles. Yes, I know P2EPPSP never got localized. They should localize it.

Also while we’re Atlus-localization-begging, they’ve GOT a TL of SFC SMT1 on-hand. They should put that on North American NSO. Japanese NSO‘s got SMT 1 2 and If, I’d be real chill of ‘em to TL ’em and give ‘em to us. Then we’d just be missing SMT4 in terms of Mainline SMTs on Switch.

Persona 3 might be the secret best Persona game so I’d be pretty excited if that’s true. Does remind me I need to go and finish the original though, think I stopped around the 40 hour mark.

very cool of them to port Persona 3 (Portable) around while maybe working on a full-on remake of Persona 3. Not that it couldn’t use it, it just… calls in question the necessity of that port.

tbh I’d be happier if they ported those PSP remakes of Personas 1, 2 and 2 to modern consoles. Yes, I know P2EPPSP never got localized. They should localize it.

Also while we’re Atlus-localization-begging, they’ve GOT a TL of SFC SMT1 on-hand. They should put that on North American NSO. Japanese NSO‘s got SMT 1 2 and If, I’d be real chill of ‘em to TL ’em and give ‘em to us. Then we’d just be missing SMT4 in terms of Mainline SMTs on Switch.

Because there's like a .05% chance the remake has the female protagonist.

Because there's like a .05% chance the remake has the female protagonist.
I might actually say this P3 ”remake” would give them the opportunity to make the “definitive” Persona 3 version with all content/cutscenes/etc, including the female protagonist. I dunno how likely it is (heck, maybe even this rumour isn’t true, we don’t know) but I don’t think the chance is necessarily that low.

I’ll believe it when I see it, but hopefully it also comes to Switch if it’s real. I’m still glad we’re getting P3P for FeMC.

what's the point of porting Persona 3 Portable this month then
It sounds like the remake will probably not have all the same content as P3P, so it’s there if people want that experience. Kinda like how RE4 is getting remade on consoles that already have a version of RE4.

Yeah, I'll believe it when I see it. Won't be for a few years anyway given that P3P is getting ported this year.

It sounds like the remake will probably not have all the same content as P3P, so it’s there if people want that experience. Kinda like how RE4 is getting remade on consoles that already have a version of RE4.
Yeah but Resident Evil 4 is being remade on consoles that have already had a version of RE4 for YEARS now. Here it looks like P3 Remake is just around the corner and could be announced and released the same year they bring P3P to modern consoles. Why bother buying a remake of a game you already bought in the same year, it doesn't make sense but it's Atlus sooo...

Yeah but Resident Evil 4 is being remade on consoles that have already had a version of RE4 for YEARS now. Here it looks like P3 Remake is just around the corner and could be announced and released the same year they bring P3P to modern consoles. Why bother buying a remake of a game you already bought in the same year, it doesn't make sense but it's Atlus sooo...
Assuming this version doesn’t include the FeMC, I’m glad we’ll be getting a modern version of the one that does include her.

I'm down for whatever they're doing. More interested in Project Re Fantasy though. P3,P4 and P5 director is making it along with other atlus veterans. They said the game was pretty much done a year ago, probably went through a bit of dev hell. Hope it gets a quick announcement to release schedule this year

Hm, yeah, assuming this is true, I'm going to wait and see what content it actually has. Persona 3 could use a 'definitive' version.

I might actually say this P3 ”remake” would give them the opportunity to make the “definitive” Persona 3 version with all content/cutscenes/etc, including the female protagonist. I dunno how likely it is (heck, maybe even this rumour isn’t true, we don’t know) but I don’t think the chance is necessarily that low.
As the leaker in another post said, the remake has or lacks content from Portable and it's Atlus.

And this lol. Easy port, easy money.

While I do ponder if I might get P3 on Switch or not, Tartarus is, well, Tartarus, and I wonder if a remake could smoothen the experience a bit.

I’ll believe it when I see it, but hopefully it also comes to Switch if it’s real. I’m still glad we’re getting P3P for FeMC.
Same. I feel like a full P3 remake has been speculated by the fandom for years. I have a hard time believing this is legit without any hard details.

Knowing they’ll probably cut the female mc I’ll just roll with P3P on my switch

why bother remaking the game if don't even fix the games' biggest problem, that there is no definitive version.

If they omit the female main character all we get is a more accessible version with better graphics, which is fine I guess, but just kinda baffling.

If you are already making new assets anyway, why not go all the way.

I don't think definitive versions exist, and even if they did, Atlus isn't in the business of making them. Can't wait to see what additional content they add to the game that somehow makes it worse!

I've said it before but it's going to be hilarious that Atlus went through the work of porting P3P, P4G, and P5R to Xbox, Switch, and PC just for the Persona 3 remake and Persona 6 to be Playstation exclusive.
What's the source on the exclusivity? Either way I just wouldn't get the games if they are exclusive. My Playstation days are behind me.

I’m not gonna question the “necessity” of preserving the availability of PSP games like P3P on modern consoles regardless of whatever remakes might be in the works.

There should be room in the ecosystem for preservation like porting P3P and giving us the option buy that and remaking Persona 3.

That is… assuming any of this is real.

Atlus have one more chance to prove themselves here by simply choosing to not remake the transphobic scene from all the other versions! This isn’t a port or remaster or expanded version, so none of the usual excuses should apply to this one. Shouldn’t be a tall ask if that stuff were exclusively Hashino’s influence, but could you blame me for having zero faith after three rereleases of P5?

They’ll have to do some house cleaning with the English dub cast that was likely beyond the scope of the simple ports as well. Mignogna is practically blacklisted from the industry (already been recast in another Sega property; Omega in Sonic) so we’ll hopefully be saying good riddance to him as Junpei; but I hope they also follow Fire Emblem’s cue and give Strassman the boot as Aigis too (Capcom need to do the same whenever Poison shows up in SF6).

Are you saying that Sony will pay for those games to be PlayStation exclusives after spending the entirety of 2022 claiming that exclusives were bad and would mean the end of the video game industry ? Nah, nah. I can't believe that.

Of course they do 3 instead of 2 that was also then moste requested remake by the fan official pool

That seems to go against Atlus holding her up as a protagonist and add important as the other protagonists.

She's definitely not treated as as important as the main leads of 3/4/5. Maybe you could barely argue that in merchandising, but when the cards are actually down for anything that requires real commitment, She's consistently missing from the spin offs, and even when she finally showed up in one in Q2, she was emphatically stated to not be from the same universe as the rest of the p3 cast they keep using in spin offs.

I'd be shocked if it doesn't. The lack of Switch version of Soul Hackers 2 was a bitter lesson learned, can't see Atlus repeating the same mistake twice.

I wonder why they haven't "course-corrected" with SH2? Is the porting process a long one? Is it not even worth it to them anymore?

I wonder why they haven't "course-corrected" with SH2? Is the porting process a long one? Is it not even worth it to them anymore?
I feel were gonna hear about it soon. Maybe in the next Direct. Both Catherine and 13 Sentinels were at least a year long delay ports.

Back
Top Bottom