• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion ASOIAF author pushed for addition seasons of GOT.... Clearly the Creative team knew better than the guy who wrote it

Uniomni

Piranha Plant
Founder
Pronouns
He/him

Stolen from resetera

It's crazy that this show ended the way it did, with all parties but two pushing for more content but the producers said no.

What's even crazier is that they made crazy money doing it, while giving out trash writing that fanfiction circles would jeer at.
Yes I said it.
I've read fanfiction done by people for free, that shit on what those doofuses made millions for waving under our noses.
Aint that bout a bitch?

Thoughts?

I just made myself forget GoT is a thing that existed and carried on with my life. It's not just S08, the series fell off a cliff in terms of narration and cohesion earlier than that.

I did the same with ASOIAF, tbf, because I don't see Martin ever finishing his story in time.

There’s no way these books are finished before he dies. I don’t even really remember the last one. Such a shame, they were great books.

At the time, the showrunners were extremely in-demand. Even if GoT was making them lots of money, they had offers to work with Disney, Netflix, etc. I'm not surprised if they wanted to wrap up and move onto what they thought would be bigger things.

And to be honest, I fell off the books as well. I started reading ASoIaF sometime after Feast for Crows (book 4) came out. I was obsessed with the first three books but found AFFC to be a letdown. I bought A Dance with Dragons when it came out, but didn't end up finishing it. At this point I'm not even sure I'd catch up and read Winds of Winter if it ever came out.

I mean, GRRM can't really talk because
a) he had years and years to write his books but didn't; and
b) his books after the 3rd one weren't great source material anyway.

Everyone assumes it's just that D&D wanted to move on to more lucrative work, but maybe they were just bored with the second half of the story that GRRM laid out to them? Perhaps even with two full seasons to wrap it up (or three!) the ending would still have been just as poor. Because remember, the last season wasn't the only bad one. The true decline arrived in season 5, which was when they went past book 3.

ASOIAF author? That guy has a name. :p

Funny that the same person that pushed for more seasons is the one that didn't deliver more content for them.

Back
Top Bottom