• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Fun Club Are you looking forward to the Switch 2 Skyrim release?

Are you?

• Yes

• Might skip the Switch 2 release, but I'll definitely get it on PS6/Xbox 5

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hero of Hyrule

Frieren the Slayer
Pronouns
He/Him
latest

Of all of Lord Todd's greatest bounties given as gift to us mere mortals, it is Skyrim that is the most generous, the most plenty. Since it originally released in 2011, there have been nine discrete releases of this game. Lord Todd truly loves us and wants us to revel in the world he hath created for us.

Now obviously, we know the Switch 2 is about to happen. I'm not here to ask you whether or not you're excited for the Switch 2, since who really cares about that, I am here to ask you if you are looking forward with bated breath and fervent anticipation to the chance to have another re-release of Skyrim. Another chance to get lost in Godd Howard's bounty. Are you excited to dive back into Skyrim again? Are you looking forward to Skyrim: Very Special Edition for the Switch 2 featuring Inkling costumes for the Dragonborn? Because it's going to happen. Todd will keep re-releasing Skyrim forever until the end of time. And we will keep buying it. And he will keep releasing it. It is an endless cycle we are doomed to suffer forever.

kz9woap637911.jpg

xrlhu6xhvrva.jpg

An endless cycle where the suffering is happiness, joy, glory, and the chance to bathe in the radiance of Todd Howard's wondrous world.

Nah I’ll just play the version I already have until it crashes for the 8 millionth time and I get bored of stealing plates from people for no reason, just like every other TEs game

The only way I’m buying Skyrim again is if it comes to PSVR2. Otherwise I’m very happy sticking with the Switch version. Portable Skyrim really is a dream.

I'm down to put my money on pretty much anything from BGS for current or future Switch.

If it’s still good then it’s not really any different to an 8K release of Psycho or whatever that already came to VHS, Laserdisc, DVD etc.

If there are technical improvements, probably.

How are you liking Oblivion? I have a lot of fond memories of that game.
I’ve played it before, I wanted Bethesda to port it and fallout 3 to switch for a long time. They were some of the first games I wanted to play on my steam deck. Both play at a solid 60 fps on high settings

It’s been an enjoyable experience playing it portably I can say that.

If it’s still good then it’s not really any different to an 8K release of Psycho or whatever that already came to VHS, Laserdisc, DVD etc.

I agree. 💯

Movie companies re-release movies all the time with improvements. So I don't mind game companies doing it now and then.

Which Switch 2 version you're talking about, TC?

I'm not that much interested in Skyrim Triple Deluxe or the Skyrim 20th year anniversary tbh, but I'm looking forwards Skyrim New Super Labo VR and Skyrim Battle Royale.

Unironically yes.

I haven’t purchased it on Switch yet but it’s always been the type of game I wanted to have digitally at the ready. Switch version doesn’t run as well as I’d want, but a Switch 2 version probably would.

Back
Top Bottom