• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Arby's is continuing to lock poutine to Canada, and is putting it in a sandwich.

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They
Arbys-Launches-New-Poutine-Dip-Sandwich-In-Canada-678x381.jpg

You see that delicious sandwich? With the yummy fries, tasty cheese curds, creamy gravy, and delectable roast beef?

It's exclusive to Canada.

I can't believe a single fast food chain hasn't experimented with bringing Poutine to North America. Arby's has sold Poutine on it's own in Canada for years, and countless other chains do the same thing.
But if you live in the US? You have to manually hunt down some random obscure family-owned restaurant to even try it.

Hey at least you HAVE Arby's, we in Toronto have been robbed of Arby's since 2013 when the Sherway Gardens Mall location shutdown which was seemingly the last one in the city! :(

Hey at least you HAVE Arby's, we in Toronto have been robbed of Arby's since 2013 when the Sherway Gardens Mall location shutdown which was seemingly the last one in the city! :(
Yep. None are in Toronto. There was one in Simcoe-Muskoka that was near where I used to be, but I never liked Arby's so I didn't bother.

But boy, do I love Poutine......

Ugh, now I wanna try this >.>

I want this now! I know a place does poutine here, but they never put enough gravy on it.

Have never had Poutine, but i'm an American that doesn't live anywhere near the border so it's not exactly common around here. Would love to try it.

As a Canadian I have to say that sandwich looks freaking disgusting.

Most people here would head down to an actual diner and get poutine that would be cheaper and actually good instead of that monstrosity.

Have never had Poutine, but i'm an American that doesn't live anywhere near the border so it's not exactly common around here. Would love to try it.
Poutine is good and relatively easy to make. It's basically just french fries topped with gravy and cheese curds. I like to make my own french fries, but I'm sure even just getting frozen ones is fine. Cheese curds may be an issue depending on where you live, but lots of grocery stores carry them around where I live. I use beef gravy for mine, and sometimes top with a fried egg and green onions.

Poutine has even made its way to Germany via Frittenwerk, although I'd love to grab an actual Canadian for an authenticity test.

You know it’s close to the border, is it possible to find poutine in the state of Washington?

I've been to Canada twice and both times I had a ridiculous amount of poutine. Absolutely criminal we don't have it in the states.

For the benefit of all who can't, I will make the drive to my nearest Arby's half an hour away to try this monstrosity and report on it.

I genuinely hope it's bad, otherwise I'm going to be very annoyed if I enjoy this and then have to drive regularly back to the dirty 'Shwa for it.

Poutine is great, but for those of you not in areas that have it commonly, like Delaware as one example, if you’re in the tri state area, I recommend disco fries. They are different but equally delicious. Popularized by Italian Americans in the area. It’s fries, brown gravy, and mozzarella cheese together. They are fat as fuck but oh so divine.

I've been to Canada twice and both times I had a ridiculous amount of poutine. Absolutely criminal we don't have it in the states.
I used to camp quite a bit near the Canadian border and the campground I stayed had a tavern that basically served everything with poutine. It was amazing.

Back
Top Bottom