• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Any hungry digital artists here? Lets see the work!!

Uniomni

Piranha Plant
Founder
Pronouns
He/him
I'm always looking for new digital artists to follow, so splash down here!

And if it's really good, you might get a pm to follow up.

Also, this can be a space to talk about new software and tools to help those newer to the pool to get a feel for it.

I dabble in 3D modeling but I’m not sure that’s what you’re after

Any examples? I'm just looking to get a community going for digital artists. If I see someone who hits my feels, then that's all the better

I'm not hungry right now (too busy with day job) but if you're looking for more general digital artistry than just that I'd be down for some community stuff o/

I mostly use Clip Studio Paint, personally, but honestly anything is game (ranging from MS Paint when I'm lazy, to Aseprite for pixel art, to Realistic Paint Studio for more paint-ey stuff). If anyone wants a hand trying out and/or picking programs feel free to ask!

I haven't done more than sketches the last few months but this is usually the sort of stuff I draw:

Curious to meet you all!

I'm not hungry right now (too busy with day job) but if you're looking for more general digital artistry than just that I'd be down for some community stuff o/

I mostly use Clip Studio Paint, personally, but honestly anything is game (ranging from MS Paint when I'm lazy, to Aseprite for pixel art, to Realistic Paint Studio for more paint-ey stuff). If anyone wants a hand trying out and/or picking programs feel free to ask!

I haven't done more than sketches the last few months but this is usually the sort of stuff I draw:

Curious to meet you all!

This is dope. I envy the ability to create that artists have. To just pull images out of thoughts and make something tangible. And I know it's never 100% as envisioned (I used to draw as a young kid) but still, you guys create magic.
Thanks for the drop

I do the drawing!! I was looking forward to seeing an art related thread! im too scared to make them myself

I mostly stick to redraws/fanart of animes and video games, so here are a few:

I ofcourse have way more on my other social media (which is under the same name as I use here haha)

Looking forward to seeing other peoples art!

Last edited:
Hm not a clean image but I did make my avatar
image0.jpg

Made this guy

Godmarsbase2.png

Needless to say I’m a super robot fan, hoping to have some of these 3D printed
Havent textured my latest wip but I will when I do

Oh and some clean shots of Borot

Borotpic1wip2.png

Borotpic1wip2back.png

I'm 37 years old, and I've lost the hunger I had 20 years ago to get really good at drawing. I finished school specializing in 2d animation. Things I make for work of animations or illustrations, I wouldn't be allowed to show it here. And outside of work I am making comics based on my 3 daughters. And most of those are also stuff I wouldn't want to show. But I do feel I should reply with something, so I cut a part of one of my recent comics. (I have made 280 pages so far. This was a page about berries season here in Norway.

berries.png

I somehow draw in Adobe Animate, yeah weird, I know. But as I got older, I kinda settled in drawing with whatever felt best for me.

5hrvW4F.png

vBS8trw.png

These are two doodles I did. The first one is already 2 years old. The latter was done with Colors Live on Switch heh.
Usually I draw and paint with Clip Studio, recently got into Procreate, but I mostly use it to just doodle

i draw art sometimes :)

I’ve used Clip Studio Paint for a while now. Used to used a cheap drawing tablet hooked up to my laptop, but now I’ve upgraded to an iPad Pro w/ Apple Pencil. Definitely a better drawing experience!

I want to learn to draw but I get demotivated pretty easily. I'm like 101 basics and just trying to draw the simple outline of a head feels like a struggle and I can't progress at all.

I want to learn to draw but I get demotivated pretty easily. I'm like 101 basics and just trying to draw the simple outline of a head feels like a struggle and I can't progress at all.

Head outlines aren't the simplest thing to draw! If it helps you any, then know that humans are able to overlook a lot of mistakes in art. Many of the errors you spot in your own art will register as stylistic choices or won't register at all in the eyes of outside observers. So don't beat yourself up over what you did wrong before you can even finish learning from it.

(The less anxiety-reducing flipside to this is that just like mistakes you spot in your own work won't be mistakes in the eyes of others, mistakes other might spot in your work won't show up as mistakes in your own eyes. But there's ways around that, too, and not everyone suffers it equally.)

Just draw stuff you like to start. Art is not easy, and if you don't like it, you will just quit. Learn to like it first. Learning to love the process comes later.

When you're ready, go to ctrlpaint.com
This is a good place to start with basics.

Back
Top Bottom