• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion Any competitive Melee watchers here?

SeaBusCBus

Hope is for sissies
Contributor
I was watching tipped off 15 yesterday and Mang0's great run. Anyone else here following any Melee smashers?

Hey @SeaBusCBus, I moved this thread to Treehouse for you since it seems to fit better there. Perhaps it was created in The Roost by mistake. Presumably you'll get more engagement here, and this post will serve as a little bump to get the ball rolling!

I used to be pretty into watching it but fell away around 2020, when a lot of the tournaments moved online, and I think that’s when the controversy happened as well which left me feeling a bit sour about the whole thing.

Maybe I’ll get into it again at some point cause Melee is super fun to watch and I remember so many great moments.

THOU SHALT NOT SLEEP ON THE KID

So sad that Amsa and Axe always have to eliminate each other somehow

MY GOAT IS BACK

Tipped Off was the tournament of the year imo. Top 32 was super fun the whole way through, doubles was excellent. Shoutout to my girl MOF for going on a nutty run too, we love to see trans excellence.

I both watch and play. I used to be pretty active in the NorCal scene as a scrubby 0-2/1-2er in college but now mostly just attend Genesis every year and play Slippi. I watch and follow a lot though, I'm pretty intimately aware of various local scenes and hidden bosses around the world.

Last edited:
Been watching it for a good 11 years at this point, although my interest dropped a bit with Armada's retirement, only to be revived by Amsa imsane run a few years ago.

I'm a Melee competitive player, not really active anymore but I'm actually an old one from the French community. I went to my first tournament in 2004!

Now I don't really play that much anymore but went back to it a lot a few years ago when Slippi was released, and I still love to watch some match or highlights (especially those from n0ne, a crazy good and funny C. Falcon player).

I also hold some nice records in HRC (Home-Run Contest), being top 3 in total high score in France and got two WRs at the time (Dr. Mario & Zelda) that, obviously, have been beaten since then.

Oh and my mains are Peach & Falco!

Back
Top Bottom