• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Annapurna Interactive Showcase - July 28, 2022 (Over)

frog

Spin it, boys!

summary:
  • Thirsty Suitors gameplay overview, coming to PS5/XSX/PS4/XB1/NSW/PC and Game Pass, demo available now on Steam
  • Hindsight releases for NSW/PC on August 4
  • Cardboard Computer new game dev interview
  • Bounty Star coming to PS/XB/PC and Game Pass in 2023
  • Yarn Owl dev interview
  • Outer Wilds coming to PS5/XSX on September 15, still in development for NSW
  • Ports montage:
    • The Pathless coming to XB/NSW this winter
    • Maquette coming to XB/NSW and Game Pass
    • Solar Ash coming to XB/Steam and Game Pass this winter
    • What Remains of Edith Finch PS5/XSX update out now
  • Forever Ago dev spotlight
  • Flock coming to PS5/XSX/PS4/XB1/PC and Game Pass
  • Hohokum available now on Steam
  • Keita Takahashi new game teaser
  • Dreamfeel dev showcase
  • The Lost Wild reveal

Last edited:
Hindsight is most likely shadow dropping, it recently got a price tag on the Nintendo site.

I also expect Pathless Switch port.

cool to see teases of new stuff from Cardboard Computer & Keita Takahashi, and I'll definitely check out Maquette

nice of them to reconfirm Outer Wilds after a year of nothing, hopefully it's not too much longer now (though it certainly didn't sound like it's anywhere close to being ready lol)

Flock not coming to Switch was pretty disappointing. Looked like something that Switch owners would appreciate the most.

Also no Switch version of Solar Ash yet? Didn't the devs say Hyper Light Drifter sold best on Switch?

Completely missed that this event was coming, but in watching it:

Thirsty Suitors sounds like the right kind of Scott Pilgrim experience in 2022 and I'm stoked to play it on Switch. Loving the blend of Tony Hawk and Cooking Mama sequences inside it as well

Hindsight looks incredibly downcast and I think it will be right up my alley

Bounty Star looks fascinating, and I'd definitely pick up through GamePass.

Good to know Outer Wilds isn't completely forgotten

The Pathless has them BOTW vibes so I'm hella excited, Maquette I hope is a better 3D puzzler than Summertime Sadness(' demo) was, and one day I really should play that Edith FInch game.

Forever Ago I'm already sold on. Whatever platform it's on, I definitely want to pick it up. Kinda gives me vibes like Secret Life of Walter Mitty, or the movie One Week

I have no idea what this fauna in Flock is but I'm here for it.

I wasn't sure what was going on with Hohokum but seeing Tycho and Com Truise on the soundtrack list is mighty difficult to turn down

Dreamfeel is gonna be all vibes, and I really like that

The Lost Wild has dinosaurs. In.

Overall a better presentation than Nintendo's Partner Showcase; even for games that I didn't immediately want to play (of maybe only one or two showcased), I could see myself being at least intrigued enough to try out down the line.

Solar Ash on Steam Deck.

nice-smack.gif

Also sign me up for bisexual Indian Scott Pilgrim.

While watching the showcase, I again noticed how important indie games became for me. The Kentucky Route Zero segment made me remember how good I found this game to be. Excited for their next project. Stuff like Forever Ago is an instant buy for me, and I still have so much to catch up on like Edith Finch, Maquette and Outer Wilds (waiting for the Switch release).

Back
Top Bottom