• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Annapurna Animation announces slate including feature adaptation of 'Stray'

aus89

Koopa
Pronouns
He/Him
The studio’s upcoming slate will include a feature adaptation of Annapurna Interactive’s hugely popular cyberpunk indie video game Stray, which was developed by French outfit Bluetwelve Studio. Annapurna also said it has plans to adapt more titles from the Annapurna Interactive library.

Chris Wedge, who founded Blue Sky Studios and directed films including Ige Age, Robots, and Epic, is developing his next film, FOO, at the studio. No other details about the film were released today.

One of Netflix original animated feature Nimona's directors, Nick Bruno, has also been tapped to develop and direct an untitled original feature at Annapurna Animation and is developing several other ideas for the unit.

stray.jpg

I would be super stoked to see an adaptation of The Artful Escape; especially with the same kind of animation budget given to Spider-Verse/TMNT. Plus, added bonus of bringing back the main voice actors too given the prominence of Carl Weathers, Lena Headey, Mark Strong, Jason Schwartzman, as well as Michael Johnston and Caroline Kinley as the protagonists. So many of their games that are ripe for movie adaptations have such vivid artstyles that lend themselves well to animation

Should be interesting to see what happens with this Stray movie!

They could kill two birds with one stone and theatricalize a Let's Play.

I'm joking, but I was just thinking the other day, with the surprise news of the Taylor Swift concert coming to theaters to fill the screening gap of big movie release delays and the potential for video game actors to join the ongoing strike... I could see a potential future where some video games are given a "director's cut" version as it's developed to run in theaters to coincide with the game's release. Hopefully if this scenario came to pass, it wouldn't be in a way that would screw anyone over. It could actually be kind of neat if done in a healthy way.

Loved this game, so I am down with this. I just hope the ending is a little more definitive
and kitty reunites with its litter

Back
Top Bottom