• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Fun Club Anime VS Weeb Shit - A direct comparison

Maronic03

Chain Chomp
Pronouns
He/Him
This is Anime:

This is Weeb Shit:

This is Anime:

FePoR-900x506.jpg

This is Weeb Shit:

SI_3DS_FireEmblemFates_frFR.jpg

This is Anime but playing as a Weeb Shit protagonist:

capsule_616x353.jpg

This is Anime:

88b8db494399e659522af36331b7f588439bc4312af5c0ee57035c063651ab4a

This is Weeb Shit:

88b8db494399e659522af36331b7f588439bc4312af5c0ee57035c063651ab4a

This is an Harem Anime:

The_Legend_of_Zelda_Ocarina_of_Time.jpg

This is Anime:

This is a very bad hentai Weeb Shit:

This is Live Anime:

This is Stupid Weeb Shit:

EGS_STRANGEROFPARADISEFINALFANTASYORIGIN_KOEITECMOGAMESCOLTD_S1_2560x1440-60ba34b4e6c919c9a1afd4cf4b8faeb8_2560x1440-60ba34b4e6c919c9a1afd4cf4b8faeb8

This is Octopath Traveller II:

Domestic_goat_kid_in_capeweed.jpg

LEARN THE FUCKING DIFFERENCE!

describing Stranger of Paradise as "stupid weeb shit" is probably one of the funniest things ever posted on this whole site.

there's a rather clear (possibly unintentional, considering how the devs responded to people finding the trailer hilarious.) influence from the mid-2000s "edgy" phase of gaming, where devs tried to make more "mature" games in response to the popularity of GTA. basically the polar opposite of "weeb shit".

it fits in the same realm as games like Shadow The Hedgehog and DMC: Devil May Cry, mainly the latter. as it was similarly trying to shed away the anime elements of it's precursors.

fire emblem path of radiance is like, almost as otaku as you can get, and is super weeb. it's from when the series was super otaku in Japan, and in the West, built around people who talked about "HOW AMAZING THE OLDER JAPANESE GAMES ARE" before the GBA stuff.

this stuff is exhausting and online discourse is so draining. everything is posturing to position things you like in the most positive position, separate from criticisms.

like i get it's a joke, but the joke is the same as people argue already, meaning it's the same discourse.

This is Anime:

ayAF9cG.jpg

This is Weeb Shit:

zyaK49Kl.jpg

This is Live Anime:

lowkey hoping they base the new South Park game off this episode.
describing Stranger of Paradise as "stupid weeb shit" is probably one of the funniest things ever posted on this whole site.

there's a rather clear (possibly unintentional, considering how the devs responded to people finding the trailer hilarious.) influence from the mid-2000s "edgy" phase of gaming, where devs tried to make more "mature" games in response to the popularity of GTA. basically the polar opposite of "weeb shit".

it fits in the same realm as games like Shadow The Hedgehog and DMC: Devil May Cry, mainly the latter. as it was similarly trying to shed away the anime elements of it's precursors.
and it fucking ruled, absolutely hilarious game

Thumb-Weeaboo-2.png

Did somebody say weeb shit?

It's all kind of terrible to me. The voice acting in the XC2 clip in the op is better than the shulk clip IMO. It's the voice acting that puts me off a lot of this stuff these days. That and the outfits. I don't mind someone being punted in to a backwards skid on their feet and whatnot though.

everything is weeb shit unless I like it, then it is high art.

this stuff is exhausting and online discourse is so draining. everything is posturing to position things you like in the most positive position, separate from criticisms.
I'm sorry you took it that way, I never thought my shitpost could be seen as "draining". In fact I had pretty much the opposite intent, I wanted to bring some levity.

I arranged it so that the premise would get obviously stupider/nonsense as it the OP goes, but I guess it wasn't as obvious as I thought...

I don't even dislike all the stuff I put under the "weeb shit" umbrella (I still love Xeno 2, despite everything), the idea was basically to poke fun at the attitude from the comment above mine:
If it's good it's art, if it's bad it's dumb anime bullshit (like there are people who will seriously tell you Metal gear or FF7 aren't anime).

Last edited:
I'm sorry you took it that way, I never thought my shitpost could be seen as "draining". In fact I had pretty much the opposite intent, I wanted to bring some levity.

I arranged it so that the premise would get obviously stupider/nonsense as it the OP goes, but I guess it wasn't as obvious as I thought...

I don't even dislike all the stuff I put under the "weeb shit" umbrella (I still love Xeno 2, despite everything), the idea was basically to poke fun at the attitude from the comment above mine:
If it's good it's art, if it's bad it's dumb anime bullshit (like there are people who will seriously tell you Metal gear or FF7 aren't anime).
There are far, far too many people eager to label anything Japanese that they don't personally like as weeb shit. This thread honestly isn't very funny.

There are far, far too many people eager to label anything Japanese that they don't personally like as weeb shit. This thread honestly isn't very funny.
My apologies, I guess I need to work on my shitposting game.

The truth has always been that everything is anime except insecurity about one's interests, which is weeb shit. We've all got a lot of weeb shit we're trying to work through.

Running away from being anime is, precisely, the weebiest of shit

This is Anime:

USwDY3aP.jpg

This is Weeb Shit:

teen-titans-go.jpg

.................or maybe the opposite I dunno.

I have never watched a single episode of Teen Titans Go in my life, but the clips I've seen were pretty funny
I love the movie.

The bit with the Waynes is so fucked but so funny

I will also throw my hat in the ring that I don’t really care for the whole “haha Japanese media is cringe” joke but I guess people are having fun with this thread so it’s whatever

I also don’t really get the joke? The anime stuff is cool and the weeb stuff is bad?

Anyway, I’m just gonna leave with this

1282349.jpeg

I also don’t really get the joke? The anime stuff is cool and the weeb stuff is bad?
At first that's what you're supposed to believe yes (Xeno 2 and FE fates being common targets when it comes to critisizing "weeb stuff"), but as I've metionned earlier, the idea is that the comparisons get more nonsensical and arbitrary as the OP continues.

What I had in mind was pointing at the shallow tendencies that some people have, where they give a negative label to something they dislike, notably with japanese media. Clearly, this message could have been conveyed in a clearer manner, my bad.

I like to think that the members who continued the running gag in the thread got the idea (I appreciate it regardless).

Anime:

Weeb shit:

At first that's what you're supposed to believe yes (Xeno 2 and FE fates being common targets when it comes to critisizing "weeb stuff"), but as I've metionned earlier, the idea is that the comparisons get more nonsensical and arbitrary as the OP continues.

What I had in mind was pointing at the shallow tendencies that some people have, where they give a negative label to something they dislike, notably with japanese media. Clearly, this message could have been conveyed in a clearer manner, my bad.

I like to think that the members who continued the running gag in the thread got the idea (I appreciate it regardless).
Nah, you're good. People are just so traumatized by bizarre internecine nerd bullying that they no longer find humor in any of this. I get it, but some people process shit through humor, and that's OK too.

This thread: Anime
This post: Weeb shit

Back
Top Bottom