• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic ANIMAL WELL |ST| Metronomic Underground

To my knowledge you can never get yourself in a jam like that. Just keep trying weird stuff. Something will work!

Thanks, I'll keep trying, though I really do seem completely stuck.

For those who've played enough not to mind potential spoilers (I really think I'm early on though):

I only have a frisbee (and normally firecrackers, though I have none right now and no access to any more). I'm in a purply-pink area in the bottom right-ish of the map, as far as I've unlocked it anyway. I discovered that I can ride the frisbee so accessed a yellow switch by a mouse in a room of pink and blue mouse(?) heads to unlock a route below. This was a switch you presumably need another item/ability to get to if you don't bounce the frisbee off the wall and ride it, as the jump is impossible otherwise.

I then did a puzzle where a flowing line of blue heads disappeared in the candle light to hit a switch, then one with 3 white birds to hit another switch. Hitting these two switches moved some blocks around to block off any route back, but opened up a ladder above. Above is two vertical spinning columns of pink mice that I cannot jump over to get to the switch top right, no matter how I jump or use the frisbee. To the right is a sort of hidden, tiny room with a fruit, and a jump that's too high unless I use my frisbee jump, but even if I do that, the room after that is a small tunnel dense with blue and pink heads that the frisbee has no effect on and literally the first one can't be passed if you try to run through.

So ermmm...any ideas? Did frisbee jumping take me to an area I'm not supposed to be in yet? Is it die to pink mouse heads time?

Went into it totally blind, have played a fair bit past the credits now.

Really well made game in every respect, but I'm definitely disappointed. It doesn't really do anything interesting or new from a Metroidvania aspect. You go here and there solving pretty clever switch-pushing puzzles at first, which is... fine. I guess the unique appeal is the deeper puzzles scatterred around, but... I hate that stuff. Reminds me of Tunic or Fez, two other games where the puzzle nature made me dislike a game I thought I would love. Tunic was still fun enough to beat I guess, but man, I hated Fez. I am not a puzzle guy.

I usually hate the "it's a good game it's just not for you" trope, but in this case I think it's applicable. It's a good game, it's just not for me. I will say that the almost total lack of music was pretty inexcusable. Game needed music badly.

What sucked me in was that in a lot of respects it looks like Rain World (probably my favourite game ever), but in practice it is the very opposite of that game.

Thanks, I'll keep trying, though I really do seem completely stuck.

For those who've played enough not to mind potential spoilers (I really think I'm early on though):

I only have a frisbee (and normally firecrackers, though I have none right now and no access to any more). I'm in a purply-pink area in the bottom right-ish of the map, as far as I've unlocked it anyway. I discovered that I can ride the frisbee so accessed a yellow switch by a mouse in a room of pink and blue mouse(?) heads to unlock a route below. This was a switch you presumably need another item/ability to get to if you don't bounce the frisbee off the wall and ride it, as the jump is impossible otherwise.

I then did a puzzle where a flowing line of blue heads disappeared in the candle light to hit a switch, then one with 3 white birds to hit another switch. Hitting these two switches moved some blocks around to block off any route back, but opened up a ladder above. Above is two vertical spinning columns of pink mice that I cannot jump over to get to the switch top right, no matter how I jump or use the frisbee. To the right is a sort of hidden, tiny room with a fruit, and a jump that's too high unless I use my frisbee jump, but even if I do that, the room after that is a small tunnel dense with blue and pink heads that the frisbee has no effect on and literally the first one can't be passed if you try to run through.

So ermmm...any ideas? Did frisbee jumping take me to an area I'm not supposed to be in yet? Is it die to pink mouse heads time?
You cannot do the hidden room yet. The solution there will become obvious later on, but for now you should just mark it on your map and return to the previous room.

There you should be able to get to the switch in the upper right corner. Pay attention to the heads as they move around the room and keep in mind what happened to the blue ones earlier.

Back
Top Bottom