• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Andrew Tate indicted on human trafficking and rape charges in Romania

• Thread starter Deleted member 4629
  • Start date
Haven't seen any threads about this, so i thought i'd give it a shot!

Article: https://edition.cnn.com/2023/06/20/europe/andrew-tate-charges-trial-intl-gbr/index.html

TLDR: Internet guru Andrew Tate has been indicted based on the claims of rape and human trafficking of girls/women in Romania, which is where he currently resides alongside his brother Tristan Tate.

Thoughts?
OK, now that the formalities are out of the way...

Deserved, in my opinion. I don't like Andrew Tate. I don't like his ideas and his worldview. And i especially don't like him raping girls and participating in human trafficking. I hope justice will be served.

He seems 1000% like a real piece of shit and, candidly, I have no doubts that everything against him is the absolute truth. So: fuck him!

You know bro....you are not a true Alpha Male until you get indicted for raping bruh.

Fuck this guy (and fuck his brother too)

rip-bozo.gif

Deserved, in my opinion. I don't like Andrew Tate. I don't like his ideas and his worldview. And i especially don't like him raping girls and participating in human trafficking. I hope justice will be served.
whoa there with this white hot take

Let him rot, unfortunately, even beyond those charges, he has already done so much harm.
As someone who work in the education, you have NO IDEA how much our current teenagers boys are inspired by his anti-women views. It is a real, huge, problem with their generation, and I fear for when they'll become adults.
A lot of future fascists in training.

As someone who work in the education, you have NO IDEA how much our current teenagers boys are inspired by his anti-women views.
I don’t have kids nor work with or around them so this is discouraging to hear though I’m not surprised.

I watch a lot of YouTube, and Tate worship channels will occasionally pop into my recommendations/home screen despite me immediately clicking the “Don’t recommend this channel” button every time they appear. I’ll even go the extra step and remove any YouTube Shorts that seeped through from my history. I’m thinking if something gains enough traction, the algorithm sends it to everyone. 🤷‍♀️

As someone who actively avoids this content yet still gets it recommended, I can only imagine how frequently everyone else sees it.

RIP Bozo, but unfortunately the damage he has done to young impressionable men around the world has not yet been erased. It may never be.

Glad that he's indicted and I hope his social media presence is curbed even further.

That said, I'm less optimistic about his views being fully eradicated. This sort of "masculinity" shtick has been floating around since the era of forums in the late 90s, went on to the blogosphere in the 2000s, then YouTube in the 2010s and whatever the main traction for social media is nowadays (mainly seems to be TikTok) with the undercurrent being the same, just remixed over and over and over again and even the earliest instances I've found have probably been remixed from Usenet, newsletters and pre-internet forms of publication. Tate is just the latest face of it.

What's the best way to eradicate this "mind virus"? My best bet seems to be to deplatform these... influencers as soon as they pop up, but also to give care to the vulnerable people who may be drawn to this sort of content and take their worries and insecurities seriously. (and ffs, keep kids off social media)

The last few weeks this dude has been popping up in my YouTube shorts. I never watch any MRA content, I fucking despise this asshat. I block all right wing content that’s pushed in front of me, am subscribed to multiple queer and leftist content providers, and STILL I get to see this dude spew his toxic shit over my account.

The only thing I can think of is that gaming content is so closely correlated to this trash that the algorithm just assumes I want to watch it. Which is a super depressing thought.

The big money loooves pumping manosphere/conservibros stuff and has for decades. Gotta convert those kids with anxieties about the future and direct them at false issues so they don't realize who benefits from their misery. At least we found out how just how bad this guy obviously was quickly this time. They aren't always this dense. Not to mention how much "polarizing" content gets the clicks.

Back
Top Bottom