• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Fun Club amiibo fans: should we be worried?

Are amiibo on the brink of extinction?

• Yes

Votes: 31 55.4%
  • No

Votes: 15 26.8%
  • NF..T

Votes: 10 17.9%

• Total voters
I was pretty sure it was over around 2019 and 2020 when several key games had no amiibo, then 2021 came along and it was kind of a revival. Two Smash waves, Bowser's Fury, Dread, Monster Hunter Stories. This year? Not as strong but Splatoon is getting some so I think Nintendo is still on board, we just won't even reach the heights of 2015-2017 again when it comes to sheer output.

Okay, it’s been months now and Nintendo of America’s amiibo website still hasn’t been updated with the Min Min, Steve, and Alex amiibo, despite the former having been released over four months ago and the later two releasing next week. Also no mention of the latest Monster Hunter Rise amiibo (but to be fair, I don’t think NoA’s amiibo site has ever had the Monster Hunter amiibo on there, for whatever reason) or the upcoming Splatoon 3 amiibo. I am kinda worried about that… What’s the deal here, NoA??

Also worried about the fact that we still don’t have a proper amiibo ST here… Please don’t let this thread become that by default—that’d just be straight up disrespectful to amiibo! ;^;

amiibo fans, should I be worried?

Ok, for real though, I do have a question: though I don't own very many of these, I do have a full, still in box Metroid set, which I quite like. I'm wondering: does the heat negatively affect amiibo, and if so, to what extent? They should be fine in their boxes, right? The reason I ask, is because I'm in SoCal, and... yeah, we're not doing so great, these days. The weather is pretty hellish. 😬 I've heard of figures bending, or warping, due to the heat.

Ok, for real though, I do have a question: though I don't own very many of these, I do have a full, still in box Metroid set, which I quite like. I'm wondering: does the heat negatively affect amiibo, and if so, to what extent? They should be fine in their boxes, right? The reason I ask, is because I'm in SoCal, and... yeah, we're not doing so great, these days. The weather is pretty hellish. 😬 I've heard of figures bending, or warping, due to the heat.
I think you'll be fine as long as they're not exposed to direct sunlight.

probably best to pack them up in a cool dark place and never look at them ever again

They can become warped due to heat, though it takes a lot for that to happen and it can be fixed the same way. I’m in Arizona and my complete amiibo collection has been totally fine despite the heat, though they are always inside with air conditioning…

Also, I wonder if I should just make an amiibo ST here if no one else is gonna step up and do it… Problem is, I have no idea what to do for the opening post, lol.

probably best to pack them up in a cool dark place and never look at them ever again
Hmm, I dunno. You sure that'll be enough? I'm thinking about getting a giant steel chest to keep them in. Protection from dust, dirt, bugs, moisture, and my grubby paws. I might then wanna get a steel chest for that steel chest, just to be extra safe.
They can become warped due to heat, though it takes a lot for that to happen and it can be fixed the same way. I’m in Arizona and my complete amiibo collection has been totally fine despite the heat, though they are always inside with air conditioning…

Also, I wonder if I should just make an amiibo ST here if no one else is gonna step up and do it… Problem is, I have no idea what to do for the opening post, lol.
Would love to see some pics of your collection sometime :) (unless you've posted them already, and I've missed them?) The full set... whoa. That's hardcore!

I'd support your amiibo ST efforts! If you're serious about it, I'd definitely encourage you to take all the time you need! Doesn't seem like something that would be easy to make. My one suggestion: please make the subtitle "The plural of amiibo is amiibo". 😄

I'm totally IN for an amiibo ST!
I don't have time to create it by myself, but would be neat to have a full list of amiibo, split by brand (or by "groups", but I'd prefer by brand with * to highlight possible characteristic of each statue)

Would love to see some pics of your collection sometime :) (unless you've posted them already, and I've missed them?) The full set... whoa. That's hardcore!

I'd support your amiibo ST efforts! If you're serious about it, I'd definitely encourage you to take all the time you need! Doesn't seem like something that would be easy to make. My one suggestion: please make the subtitle "The plural of amiibo is amiibo". 😄
I posted photos of our collection before here (that was before Min Min released), but I’ll probably post it again in the amiibo ST if/when I get around to making it.

And of course! Not only that, but also the fact that “amiibo” is never capitalized, too—I see both mistakes far too often!

I'm totally IN for an amiibo ST!
I don't have time to create it by myself, but would be neat to have a full list of amiibo, split by brand (or by "groups", but I'd prefer by brand with * to highlight possible characteristic of each statue)
I was planning on making a visual that lists all—and I do mean all, including cards and everything—amiibo, and I’ve actually already started some work on it! Not sure exactly what you mean by brand/groups, but I’m listing them by series.

Back
Top Bottom