• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Fun Club after 14 years, 9/18-Volt's Microgames in Warioware DIY have finally been fixed.

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They

to explain the issue simply, due to palette restrictions in the microgame editor. the colors tended to be inaccurate to the original games in varying degrees.
IpstQ2T.png

zsqX4HO.png

the video uploader (who is someone who still actively makes content for the game to this day, half of the video is devoted to the fixes being applied to their own microgames.) used Dolphin's custom texture feature to replace the sprites with more accurate ones, even adding missing details in some cases.

it's not perfect owing to other restrictions with the editor (note how the sprites in the Punch-Out microgame are heavily squished.) but it's still nice to see the work being done.

I guess it's cool, but i didn't know this was a thing that needed fixing.
Don't really think making it 1:1 with the actual games is "fixing" DIY anyways. The original Warioware devs trying to interpret the original game art with limitations is interesting in its own way. But I do like the video and respect the initiative, at least for showing how the DIY art differs from the original games.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom