• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News According to VGC, Ubisoft has finally greenlit a new Splinter Cell

hologram

Gerudo
Founder
Pronouns
He/him
Original article: A decade later, Ubisoft has finally greenlit a new Splinter Cell, sources claim

That’s according to development sources, who told us that the title has been put into production as a means of winning back fans frustrated by recent efforts to revive the franchise in the mobile and VR spaces.

It’s not clear which studios are working on the project, though two people with knowledge of Ubisoft’s plans suggested the new Splinter Cell was being led by a studio outside of its traditional Montreal base.

The title is in an early phase of production, the sources said, but there’s a small chance it could be announced next year.

The last mainline Splinter Cell game was 2013's Blacklist. The series protagonist, Sam Fisher, has appeared here and there in other Ubisoft games since, but has not had his own full game since then. This is likely very welcome news to an admittedly increasingly small group of fans.

I am very torn by this news, but when I started writing out my thoughts they became very long and decided that would be best served by a post other than the OP of a news thread lol

The title is in an early phase of production, the sources said, but there’s a small chance it could be announced next year.

So, announced in 2022 and released in 2025?

giphy.gif

Open world Splinter Cell? Live service game? Mobile game?

If it's similar to how the Prince of Persia remake looked then yeesh...

Hope it's not a monkey paw scenario. We are starving for stealth games in the AAA scene now.

Port Blacklist to Switch, you losers.

The one genre Switch severely lacks is stealth and if Konami doesn't wanna do anything about it, it should be up to Ubisoft.

I would be curious to know what developer they've tasked with a new Splinter Cell. Especially if it isn't the traditional Montreal studio handling SC. Much like PoP -- I'm not sure I have the faith that they'll put the proper time/budget into a full revival.

Walmart Canada finally got redeemed after all these years!

Splinter Cell was the only game from that 2018 leak to not surface anywhere.

Please be singleplayer.....
Their multiplayer/gaas focus has been horrible.

Pray to god they get it right but I will be going in with low expectations.

Current Ubisoft is such a shell of it's former self.

Back
Top Bottom