• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • General system instability
    🚧 We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. 🚧

Discussion A24 are partnering with Kojima Productions on the Death Stranding film

I hope they get to keep all the music in and don't have to change anything.

I hope they get to keep all the music in and don't have to change anything.
I don’t believe it’s an adaptation of the game - the project introduces new characters and elements to the world. You would have to assume its a prequel to the game or a smaller story of other characters in that world from what theyve said.

Can't wait to see Kojima's brilliant ideas* up there on the silver screen!

*"Woman, what a concept! What if a minor celebrity was my friend!"

The only reason I never became a famous movie person is because if they asked me to do the Criterion Closet I wouldn't be able to pick a Hideo Kojima film. Now, finally, I can begin my journey. Thank you, Kojima...I hope to be friends/collaborators one day.

Edit: I think we will see a Kojima EGOT, and soon.

Very cool partnership even if I don’t entirely get what it means (isn’t A24 a production company?). I’m an unashamed A24 fan and a big fan of Death Stranding, a truly insufferable combo, but whatever this movie ends up being I’m interested.

Very cool partnership even if I don’t entirely get what it means (isn’t A24 a production company?). I’m an unashamed A24 fan and a big fan of Death Stranding, a truly insufferable combo, but whatever this movie ends up being I’m interested.
they are an independent studio, basically they will be distributing/marketing the death stranding film into cinemas and involved in production/development as studios are etc...

Same here... EGOT minus the T that is, hah!

Get it? Lol. Hahahahaha!!!
I'm afraid I don't get it. I think the T is almost guaranteed if you believe the rumours about the Metal Gear Solid Broadway show with Aaron Tveit as Snake and Dove Cameron as Meryl. The only thing that's maybe not a lock is the Grammy - we know Yu Suzuki is working on an audiobook for children that could give Kojima stiff competition if it releases in the same year as his big band Christmas album.

Edit: And yes, I know they'd likely be in different categories but consider the bias against video game directors at the Grammys - they'll only give out one to them in any year. That's why they couldn't give one to Koichi Ishii's ambient double album in 2015, they'd already given one to David Cage that year for his songwriting contribution to Rather Be by Clean Bandit featuring Jess Glynne.

I will laugh as loud as is humanly possible in the theatre if the 'Princess Beach' scene somehow manages to make it in.

Wow! I'm excited to hear about this at the next Game Awards!
You won't have to wait that long! I've heard they're going to cut several unimportant categories at the Oscars for time and just quickly list the winners before a 15 minute segment where Kojima, Norman Reedus, Geoff and Jimmy Kimmel shoot the shit. It's more entertaining this way, and I'm sure the Best Supporting, Best Adapted Screenplay and Best Documentary winners will understand. (y)

I'm honestly surprised it took this long. Not specifically for this game but... a Kojima movie in general :LOL:

The only reason I never became a famous movie person is because if they asked me to do the Criterion Closet I wouldn't be able to pick a Hideo Kojima film. Now, finally, I can begin my journey. Thank you, Kojima...I hope to be friends/collaborators one day.

Edit: I think we will see a Kojima EGOT, and soon.

They best rename that shit to "EGGOT" (Emmy, Grammy, Game Award, Oscar, Tony)

They best rename that shit to "EGGOT" (Emmy, Grammy, Game Award, Oscar, Tony)
Agreed. Raise the bar a little for those cosy thespians. I'd like to see Alan Menken, Rita Moreno and Whoopi Goldberg get into game development to reclaim their titles. I've heard Viola Davis works on RPGMaker horror games in her spare time, so I trust she will rise to the challenge.

As long as he comes up with a better story, sure why not.

Because really, not gonna lie; I was into the weird shit and it was lit. But when you reach the climax of the story... and it's like... that's it?

And for the love of god, when it comes to the female cast, do not let him near the script. After Meryl, Quiet, Paz and especially Fragile (ugh) its apparant that he can't write a believable female character.

Back
Top Bottom